No announcement yet.

Rich Snipetts / schema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed. When posting bits of code, best type them between [ c o d e ] and [ / c o d e ] tags (type them without the spaces) as it makes it much more readable.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi,

I have finally got around to attempting to implement microdata.
      I have used Eds Code from post #13

But I have an issue

I changed "SectionImageFileName" to "ProductImageFileName".

However, my product images are not 'loose' in the 'Site1' folder. They are in a subfolder Images\Products\

So the below code;

Code:
      <meta itemprop="image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileName" />" />
      returns the image location (on the structured data testing tool) as;

...arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Images\products\Brass-Flesh-Tunnels.jpg

How do I strip out "Images\Products\" ?

Cheers.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Are you checking this on the live site or just Preview?

Preview will use the full path but live site should have just the plain filename.

Comment

Not sure if it's in your SD 2014 but there is nowadays a ProductImageFilenameRaw that you can use.

Comment

Thanks Norman,
            I am checking this on a live site.

I will try ProductImageFilenameRaw and see if that works.
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

That sorted it Norman, thanks again
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Also, for anyone else enabling microdata..
                The code on post13 also returns the price with a "J" in front as
                "J9.95"
                even with Normans edit;

Code:
                <meta itemprop="price" content="£<actinic:block php="true">echo preg_replace('/[^\d\.]/', '', '<actinic:block type="pricelist"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201"><actinic:variable name="TaxInclusivePrice" selectable="false" /></actinic:block></actinic:block>');</actinic:block>" />
                So I removed the "£" from Normans line and now the price populates without any odd characters, and also without a currency symbol , which is I believe how Google now wants it, as the currency is specified seperately.

This code works fine on V14 with no errors in the testing tool.

Code:
                <!-- microdata start -->
                <div itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Product">
                <meta itemprop="image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="ProductImageFilenameRaw" />" />
                <meta itemprop="identifier" content="mpn:<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />"/>
                <meta itemprop="name" content="<actinic:variable name="ProductName" />" />
                <meta property="og:type" content="product" />
                <meta property="og:title" content="<actinic:variable name="ProductName" />" />
                <meta property="og:url" content="<actinic:block php="true">echo '<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />' . basename('<actinic:variable name="ProductPageName" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />');</actinic:block>" />
                </div>
                <div class="purchase_data" itemprop="offerDetails" itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Offer">
                <meta itemprop="condition" content="new" />
                <meta itemprop="currency" content="GBP" />
                <meta itemprop="price" content="<actinic:block php="true">echo preg_replace('/[^\d\.]/', '', '<actinic:block type="pricelist"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201"><actinic:variable name="TaxInclusivePrice" selectable="false" /></actinic:block></actinic:block>');</actinic:block>" />
                <meta itemprop="availability" content="In_stock" />
                <meta itemprop="seller" content="<actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />"/>
                </div>
                <!-- microdata end -->
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

While ProductImageFileNameRaw does the job for product images you'd be stuck if you were using a user Variable of type File (there's no raw option available). Luckily SellerDecks built-in PHP can generate a raw filename. E.g. We'll use ProductImageFileName to demonstrate but you can substitute in your own variables name instead:
                  Code:
                  <actinic:block php="true">echo basename(str_replace('\\', '/', '<actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileName" encoding="perl" selectable="false"/>'));</actinic:block>
                  Three things are done above - lets assume that ProductImageFileName contains

files\newfiles\testimage.jpg

1) We need encoding="perl" selectable="false" within the variable instance so we can use it as a PHP single quoted string literal. PHP will now see:
                  Code:
                  echo basename(str_replace('\\', '/', 'files\\newfiles\\testimage.jpg'));
                  2) SellerDeck uses \ as the folder separator which means a sub-folder structure like files\newfiles\testimage.jpg could be interpreted as having a newline and a tab ( \n \t ) in it. The str_replace fixes that by turning all \ into /. PHP will now see:
                  Code:
                  echo basename('files/newfiles/testimage.jpg');
                  3) And finally PHP's basename function returns just the testimage.jpg part.

Comment

Thanks for this extra info Norman, for a layman like me can you tell me what you mean by a Variable of Type file? Do you just mean something other than an image? (maybe I'm confused because you use an image as an example?)
                    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

When you create a Variable, you have to choose what type of thing it will hold. Done via Edit Variable / Type setting. E.g. Text, Number, True/False, Filename, etc.

It's Filename we're interested in here as this lets you browse for a file-name, rather than just typing the contents in.

It's only Filename type variables that need all the processing as post #23 above to get rid of pathnames, unwanted backslashes, etc.

Comment

Your code works great on my pretty much out the box 2016 site, brilliant.
                        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Working...
                        X