Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have deleted a product and when I re-add it it says barcode exist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have deleted a product and when I re-add it it says barcode exist!

Hi
    I have deleted a product and when I re-added it, program says barcode exist!

How can that exist if product was deleted?

In this case I cannot re-insert a product previously deleted.

Thanks

Notes: I have now restored it an earlier backup, but this is still something that happens and needs a solution.
    Ciao
    actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
    ;-]

Yep - I have the same problem. In the end I got fed up of trying to sort it out and overstickered with a new barcode. You're right though - this does need sorting out, so hopefully someone brainy will be along soon to respond to this.

Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

You could try compacting the databases (Housekeeping menu). The problem is that MSAccess does not actually delete the information when you 'delete', and there is a "NO DUPLICATES" constraint on that data column.

No guarantee that Access will behave even after compaction, but impossible to re-input the same data without having 'removed' the deleted row.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Not sure that there is a housekeeping menu in EPOS Bill - unless it has a different name?

Comment

OOps - I must find a way of seeing the board name when I visit this forum. Yes, I gave the v7 Actinic Catalog answer.
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
            OOps - I must find a way of seeing the board name when I visit this forum. Yes, I gave the v7 Actinic Catalog answer.
            Nice of you to pop in though Bill - as you can see, it can get quite lonely in here!

Comment

Have you tried searching for the barcode in the epos software.

You never know, but it could be assigned to another product as a barcode can exist differently from the product code (i.e. 2 separate entities).

Comment

That would be the obvious way to resolve this - however what happens is that you search for the barcode and it says that it doesn't exist. So you try to add said barcode, and it says it already exists. You keep doing this little dance for as long as your temperament will allow - and then you say 'sod it - i'm just going to give this thing a new barcode'.

Comment

'm going to stick my neck out again - does EPOS use an Access database? If it does, could you open the database in MSAccess and do the compaction from there - if EPOS truly does not have its own Compact Database menu option?
                  Bill

Comment

Okay, final thing we find to do is attempt a sale using the barcoded item in question, which if it comes up, then shows where it is..

If it does not come up at all - then at a total loss I am afraid and direct looking at the Data.mdb file would be needed.

Comment

That is why I purchased this program a month or 2 before we need to use it!

To try it and see all muck coming out before we actually use it.

I reinstalled it for now and hope it does not happen when in use.
                      Ciao
                      actinico

;-]

Comment

I did search it
                        Ciao
                        actinico

;-]

Comment

I have no problems in editing it manually - I generally solve problems myself by manually getting the muck out of files.

Any decent and 'FREE' ms database editor around?

I would not want to purchase MSaccess only to use it for this program!

I do net really need it!

Thanks
                          Ciao
                          actinico

;-]

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
                            Okay, final thing we find to do is attempt a sale using the barcoded item in question, which if it comes up, then shows where it is..

If it does not come up at all - then at a total loss I am afraid and direct looking at the Data.mdb file would be needed.
                            OK - this has just happened to me again - This is what happened:
                            1. Enter a product on system.
                            2. Realise that I've entered the wrong product code, so edit it.
                            3. Product disappears on system.
                            4. Try to re-enter product, but it says barcode already exists - see product (gives prod code)
                            5. You try to search for the code it gives you, but it doesn't exist.
                            6. I scanned the actual item on the till (like a sale), It scans and brings up the correct item, but produces a red screen.

So essentially, we've ended up with a live product, which officially doesn't exist.

Any thoughts?

Nick

Comment

Hi
                              Try the same I tried and worked with the barcode

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...hlight=barcode
                              Ciao
                              actinico

;-]

Comment

Working...
                              X