Confirmation emails to customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation emails to customer

I know there is an inherent glitch with Actinic that means that a copy of an order is not always sent to a second computer even when Actinic is set up to do this (note to Actinic - FIX IT

However, we are also experiencing a situation whereby many customers (perhaps most) are not getting a Confirmation of Order email, even though Actinic is set up to provide this. Is this connected to the problem about copies of orders or is it a separate (and thus, hopefully, fixable) issue?

Doug

ps following strong requests, I should now have an avatar

There was a post recently about a similar issue and from memory i think there were a lot of emails (usually old ones) in a queue waiting to be sent and it was screwing up the sending process. I think the user was directed to the database by actinic, asked to clear all emails out the queue and it fixed it. I'm expecting you have a backlog causing the issue.

You can also access the list by going to operations > list emails > all or failed. You can delete from there too. Whatever you do, do NOT click on send emails as you probably have lots of old ones and you will be inundated with paniced buyers.

Comment

Thanks -just tried that and got a message "there are no emails to view" so must be something else.

Doug

Comment

Network test pass OK?

Comment

Network Test ?

Comment

Yes press the test button in network settings and make sure you get a pass on all counts.

Comment

Got a message saying it was successful and an email saying that:
              "The email address and SMTP server you specified in the network preferences are correct."

Comment

And you got the test email?

Comment

Maybe I'm mis-reading this, but is this not the problem of the 'customer' (order confirmation) email not being sent unless the customer returns to the receipt page after paying? (and clearly the same for any copy emails)

Mike
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

are these same customers paying by Paypal? Paypal is notorious for customers not returning to the merchant and so not triggering the customer email.
                    Tracey

Comment

Mike

Yes. I'm wondering if the two issues are connected (the Confirmation email and the order copy).

Doug

Comment

There is a well known issue that the customer order confirmation email is sent when the customer returns to the receipt page after paying. If the customer doesn't return, but goes off elsewhere, then that email (and any copies) isn't sent.

Payments by paypal are usually the worst for this. Most PSPs send the customer back to the receipt page but paypal likes to offer the customer several other options (including checking their paypal account and maybe selling them something - "we've got a paying customer here, let's see if we can sell them some of our stuff").

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                          are these same customers paying by Paypal? Paypal is notorious for customers not returning to the merchant and so not triggering the customer email.
                          Could be - I haven't analysed the payment methods - I will do. It looks like a message somewhere to the effect that a return to the receipt page is required. Does anyone else do this...?

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Doug2 View Post
                            Could be - I haven't analysed the payment methods - I will do. It looks like a message somewhere to the effect that a return to the receipt page is required. Does anyone else do this...?

Doug
                            I set auto return in paypal, this picks up most but if they close the browser then it wont make a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                              I set auto return in paypal, this picks up most but if they close the browser then it wont make a difference
                              I couldn't find where to do that - where is it...?

Anybody suggest the best place and method to include a message saying if you don't return to the receipt page, you won't get a confirmation email...?

Doug

Comment

Working...
                              X