V9 snapshot in v10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V9 snapshot in v10

Hello can anyone help me I have v9 and v10 on the same computer, I have been having problems for a while now and have just discovered that the v 10 snapshot backup, is actually the v9 snapshot.

I have tried to find my v10 mdb file in v10 but it is comming up with the v9 file and I have 4 mdb files all v9 in Actinic v10. I cant find the current v10 mdb file so have no way of backing up anything.

I seams as the v9 a v10 have merged and v9 is prominent, is this possible?

Heeeelp.

You should see your Actinic v9\Sites and Actinic v10\Sites in your Programn Files folder. Under each you should see the particular sites and the respective database files.

Comment

Also look in your My Documents folder for the V10 Sites folder. The later versions of Actinic V10 allowed you to choose the Sites folder location and My Documents was the default.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the info, I should have explained better, the file I can't find is the v10 mdb. when I look in v10 via program files and open the mdb file it brings up the old v9 site even though I am in v10.

I can't find my v10 mdb, I have also had some order numbers duplicated. The reason I want to find the file is to back up all of my customers details. and re install v10 as it seems to be malfunctioning bigtime.

I take a snapshot in v10 and it is the old v9 site that is the snapshot!!!

Not sure how to export all customers details from v10 when I can't find the mdb for it or take a backup.

Any clues
        Thanks.
        Darren.

Comment

You can't open a v9 snapshot in v10 without Actinic going through an upgrade procedure and you can't open a v10 snasphot in v9 without getting errors.

How are you opening the mdb that you say is the v9 one and what path are you finding it in?

Comment

This seems to be the problem I am opening it up in program files/actinic v10 but it is the old v9 site???

If I go in to program files/ actinic v9 and open the mdb file, it it's the same site!!

Comment

If you have imported the v9 snapshot in v10 and let the upgrader run then it will look the same. When you installed v10 did you select to upgrade your v9 site?

Comment

Yes when I did an upgrade I chose to upgrade all v9 sites.

Comment

So what makes you believe that the one you open in v10 is the v9 one?

Comment

Because it is in spanish and english and the orders only go up to 2010 where as in v10 I have only spanish and orders up to date, ie today.

Comment

The backup folder is set in the Housekeeping menu, check what path it is set to.

Comment

Have you searched your pc using *.mdb as search term and inspected all databases? Not forgetting previous and backup.

Comment

Looked in housekeeping and it is going to C:\Users\Todofix\Documents\Actinic v10\Sites\Site1
                          But the mdb file is the old v9, have also checked all other databases *.mdb file and they are all v9.

the strange thing is that when I open the orders up in v10 they are the current and most recent orders including all from v9.

But I cant find any current orders in any mdb files???

Comment

Originally posted by dazinspain View Post
                            ...the strange thing is that when I open the orders up in v10 they are the current and most recent orders including all from v9...
                            When you say you open the orders up - are you simnply opening Actinic v10?

Also how are you certain that all the mdb files you have found are v9 - have you copied then into one of the Site folders or opening them in MS Access?

How many database files have you found and where were they located?

Your Todofix website is running online at v10 - therefore there must be a v10 database.

Comment

If you want to back up your customers you can use the hierarchical export option to create a file with their details - this is ok so long as you do not want to use order data because when you import them back in, their internal customer code can change which can associate the wrong customers to orders.

Regards,
                              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                              Multichannel order processing
                              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                              X