No announcement yet.

V9 snapshot in v10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Duncan Yes when I open up v10 and look in orders the up to date ones are there.

I am certain the mdb files are v9 as they are in Spanish and English. The v10 site is only in Spanish.

I open the files from site 1 folder v10 in documents but they are all v9s.

I thought there should be a database for v10 as that is the site that is running now but when i do a snapshot from v10 and then open it it is the old v9 site. I can't find anything for the v10 database.

Thanks Jan for that it might be my only hope of saving all the data for the clients address and emails etc. Then when I upgrade to v 11 manually enter all the details then I know it's a lot of work but can't see any other way around it at the moment.

Comment

Hi Daz,

If you export the customer address details to file then you can just import them into V11, no need to enter them manually.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan, thanks I will try that!

Comment

Hi Jan I hav exported the customer accounts and hav 3 csv files my question is this: If I reinstall v10 again on my computer can I import all the customers details on the new site, and will they be in the orders tab as before.

I can't export a snapshot in v10 as it exports the old version v9.

Darren.

Comment

It sounds like you are exporting orders not customer accounts - the latter gives just one file and it is an Actinic hierarchical format file (file / export).

To preserve orders, you can just keep a copy of the database and then use the import orders option to bring the orders into another system.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Regarding V10 exporting a V9 snapshot, it's not possible, could it be that you have accidentally used the wrong name on either export or import. To check this, change the name for both the export and then the import.

Regards,

Comment

Hi Jan , when you say change the name of the export and import what do you mean, and how do I do .

Sorry for being so thick, this is a very big learning curve for me.

Darren.

Comment

When you create a snapshot you specify a name, change it to a different name, then when you import a snapshot make sure that you put the new name in for the name of snapshot you are importing.

Regards,

Comment

I have changed the name of the export snapshot and saved it on the desktop,
                    when I open it it is the v9 site.

I tried to chose a different program to open it with but it will not allow v10 as an option. Only v9 or Explorer. select other programs but v10 not there!!!

I have no ideal why a snapshot from v10 saved to desktop is actually the old v9 site.

Comment

How do you open the files? Are you double clicking the copy of the mdb on th edesktop and it launches Actinic?

Actinic should not be 'associated' with the mdb file type.

Comment

Hi Duncan, I am opening the mdb file from documents v10 I have 4 mdb files in v10 ? actinic catalog mdb, backup mdb, previous mdb, and actinic catalog2312 mdb.

All of these mdb files are the same? the old v9 site. path to them is C:\Users\Todofix\Documents\Actinic v10\Sites\Site1.

If I export a snapshot from v10 it is the old v9 site.

It 's like the old v9 site is set to default and I cant find v10 in open with other programes, it's just not showing.

Comment

Here's what I think Darren has done.

1) He's somehow (for reasons only known to himself) used Windows Explorer to associate .mdb files with Actinic V9. MDB files, are, of course Microsoft Access files and should be associated with Access (or nothing if you don't have Access installed).

2) For some crazy reason instead of running Actinic by (I'm assuming Windows 7) going to Start / All Programs / Actinic V10 / Actinic, he's locating the .mdb file and double-clicking that. How anyone can think that's how you run Actinic is beyond me. Actinic V9 fires up (via that (1) association). However V9 just runs, it doesn't know or care what .mdb file caused it to run. It just runs, and since it's V9 it loads its usual V9 site as it should.

Confirm this by doing the above, then in Actinic go to Help / About and confirm that in fact V9 is running no matter what file you click on.

Hence the, 27 post confusion and wasting of volunteers time over 8 days!

FFS go to Start / All Programs / Actinic V10 / Actinic and start V10 in the way everyone else does and report what happens.
                          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

I am running windows vista, I open v10 using the desktop shortcut, or program files v10 actinic.

When v10 is open it is the spanish site, if I save a snapshot from v10 to my desktop it is the old v9 site.

If you can tell me another way of saving my v10 snapshot I would be greatfull.

I am not an expert which is why I have posted on this site. It has been and will continue to be a big learning curve for me.

I am sorry if you think I have been wasting people's time. I was under the impression that this forum is for helping actinic users with their actinic problems, if everyone was an expert then people like yourselves would be out of a job.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, and would like some constructive advice on how to fix it.

All I am trying to do is export a snapshot of my v10 site.

Darren.

Comment

Darren,

Try this:

To save a snapshot:

- Run Actinic V10
                              - file > Snapshot > Export site

To open your snapshot in V10:

- Run actinic V10.
                              - File > Snapshot > Import Site

What happens when you try and import the snapshot?

Mike
                              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

This could be related to windows permissions. It might be worth it to try disabling UAC in Vista to see if it helps. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...trol-on-or-off

Comment

Working...
                                X