Strange Actinic printing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Actinic printing problem

On a WinXP machine that prints perfectly from any application, I have a problem with Actinic 7.0.2.

All printouts print fine from Actinic, except the Invoices. When I try to print an invoice, Printer Setup does not produce any dialog box, and Print does not print anything. In the latter case I get the Printing progress box, but no output and nothing appears in the Print queue. Packing lists and other reports work just fine.

Any clues on where to look for a fix?

Thanks...

Actinic stores the printer last used to print a report, so it is probable that you used a printer that is not longer there to print your report to. To check this, select a nice looking order, right click and choose reprint invoice, the print dialog will then appear, choose printer setup from here and make sure that the printer is set to your an available printer. You should be fine then. If you are still not fine, do the same for a standard packing list, check the printer it is using and then go back and set the invoice to use that one.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Doesn't work!

Thanks for the suggestion, it was a good thought but the thing is, I can't select an alternative printer for Invoices. The Printer Setup button does absolutely nothing when trying to print an invoice. It produces no dialog or selection box from which one might choose another printer. I can Preview but I can't Printer Setup or Print.

This only occurs when trying to print an invoice. All other Actinic print activities behave normally.

Any other things I could try?

Comment

There's a little fix you can do in the registry which often helps.

Close Actinic.

Go to 'Start | Run' and type 'regedit'.

Use the folders at the left to navigate to:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\Catalog7\Sites\Site1

Within 'Site1' you should see a folder called 'Printer Settings'. Right-click on this folder and select 'Delete'.

Close 'regedit'

Restart Actinic and try printing your reports.

Comment

Working...
        X