hierarchical export/import problem with fragments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hierarchical export/import problem with fragments

Any one else had this problem and (hopefully!) a solution?
    I couldn't get the hierarchical import/export to work, so I started to investigate. I then discovered that if I did a hierarchical export and, WITHOUT EVEN opening it, immediately re-imported, the import failed with a lot of "duplicate record" errors. (Something that should be impossible!) Following a series of questions/supplying data, etc to Actinic support, it appears that the problem is a bug caused by the presence of links within my fragments. This apparently causes duplicate records to be created... er??? So, after some 5 weeks, I have to accept I either remove all links to allow the export/import so I can do some bulk coding via Excel, or do the work the long way.

I can't believe I'm the only person with links in fragments, so maybe someone out there can help? Please???
    Anf
    p.s there is also a known bug where you cannot do a site snapshot if you happen to close the site when in a fragment...
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

yep - the snapshot needs to be done whilst on a product or it can get upity about it

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks for the support jont! I just wish I had known about this "bug" before I went spare trying to get the snapshot to work! (It did mean I couldn't take my site on holiday... how sad am I ???)
      Any comment on the import/export problem? I've even looked at exporting to Excel direct from the database, but am somewhat nervous about re-importing to it!

Anf
      Anf
      New Year - new YOU!

Comment

... am "bumping" this 'cos I need to know if there is a solution out there ... LOL!!!
        Anf
        New Year - new YOU!

Comment

Hi there

Just to let everyone know this was marked for developers and the final resolution was as follow:

The only way the import can work is to not have the fragment product links
          in the import file.

There is no selection for creating the export file so the only solution is
          to remove all of the fragment records in the import file before
          re-importing.
          This is a bug which will be fixed for a later version.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
          X