Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

child section list

Hi,

I have been using the following code (found in Advanced v8 Userguide page 39) to generate a child section list.

<actinic:block type="ChildSectionList">
    <a href="<actinic:variable Name="SectionPageName"/>">
    <actinic:variable Name="SectionName"/>
    </a>
    <br />
    </actinic:block>

The ChildSectionList lists all the sub sections within the current section e.g. for "Clothes", a list would be produced consisting of "menswear" and "ladieswear".

My problem is that when i navigate into "menswear" for example, i can no longer produce the same child list. i.e. i still want "menswear" and "ladieswear" to appear.

is it possible to specify which section to produce the ChildSectionList for? i.e. in this case i would always want the ChildSectionList based on the section above.

Many Thanks

Are menswear and ladiesware your top level sections?

If no, what functionality does the clothing section add to the website? Probably one extra click for the user that can be safely disposed of, simplifying navigation.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
      Are menswear and ladiesware your top level sections?

If no, what functionality does the clothing section add to the website? Probably one extra click for the user that can be safely disposed of, simplifying navigation.
      Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Clothes is my top level section. Ladieswear and menswear are sub sections of clothes.

When in one of these sub sections i want to have them both listed so that users can navigate between them.

See below for what i mean. When you click into ladieswear or menswear i still need the options to appear.

http://www.connectedpeople.co.uk/acatalog/clothes.html

Comment

The link took me to a broken page layout - No links to ladieswear/menswear - though I did find one to ladies.

I really question the need for the clothes section - why not just straightforward ladieswear and menswear as separate top level sections which will then be contained in the standard left hand column top level section navigation AND save your potential customers one click.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X