Late display of shipping charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late display of shipping charge

Is there any option to display Shipping charges in confirmation page rather than displaying into checkout pages. It seems to be confusing for customer to show shipping charges so late.

Assad
    http://www.aalabels.com/acatalog

Business Settings|Ordering|Miscellaneous
    Tick "Request Location Information Early"

The user will then be prompted to enter the delivery country on the confirmation page, and will show the default shipping charge for that country when added to cart. There is an option, during the checkout process, for the user to amend this if there are different shipping options offered for that country.
    Brian
    www.flowergallery.co.uk
    Same day flower delivery to UK
    Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
    International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

but in actinic "Requet Location early" checkbox is gray, visible but disable. what you advise?

Comment

Sorry, to have this option available, in Design|Design Options|Shopping Mode, select "Quantity on Confirmation Page", the "Request Location Information Early" box will then be clickable.
        Brian
        www.flowergallery.co.uk
        Same day flower delivery to UK
        Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
        International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Hi there

Just to add in from what Brian has written, also in no sections can you have any other shopping mode, instead of "Quantity on Confirmation Page". Other "Request Location Information Early", will be greyed out

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

WHY!

Comment

If you have a resonably simple shipping setup you could do as we do and add them on as a cart surcharge, this will add them as soon as you add something to the cart!

For instance we have a surcharge of £3.36 (£3.95 inc VAT) added whenever the cart goes above £0.01. Works very well for us!
              Cheers

David
              Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

WHY!
                Because the 'Confirmation Page' is where the location selection fields appear. If you are not using 'Quantity on Confirmation Page' throughout the store then there is a chance that the customer won't see the confirmation page, so they won't select a valid location.

Comment

Is there any other reason that 'Request Location Information Early' should be greyed out? I have checked that all sections/subsections have 'Quantity on Confirmation Page' checked - but the box remains grey!

Thanks
                  Simon
                  www.quantockonline.co.uk

Comment

Simon,

Check in 'Design | Design Options' as to what you have set for 'Shopping Mode'.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Have set 'Quantity on Confirmation Page' in the design options, as earlier suggestion in the thread.
                      Simon
                      www.quantockonline.co.uk

Comment

In that case I would suggest going into 'Housekeeping | Compact Databases' and compacting your catalog. This will close Actinic, restart and check if it still is grey, if it is then you need to log a support query as we may need to take a closer look. You can raise a support issue here.

Kind regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Finally tracked it down, thanks.

Had missed settings on one of the many sub-sections
                          Simon
                          www.quantockonline.co.uk

Comment

Reviving the thread!

Post removed!

Ignore me...I'm blind (not that you should ignore because I'm blind but..well..anyway )
                            LOL

Problem solved!
                            Tracey

Comment

Hello

To follow on from this post, i require to have the Shopping Mode set to "Quantity In Shopping Cart" AND to display the Shipping Charge at all times (i.e. using Request Location Information Early tick box).

We only delivery to the UK so im wondering if its possible to change a templete etc so that it always sees that UK is the location??

Please help

JJ

Comment

Working...
                              X