Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special Delivery Instructions have disappeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Delivery Instructions have disappeared!

help!
    using 8.5.1 HERA

following the advice in some of these threads, I was able to activate the separate delivery address code even tho the check box is missing from the Invoice Address tab in Design | Text | Web Site (cont)

Now... I've got a new problem!
    the Special Delivery Instructions have disappeared - this is an important box and I need it back

frustratedly yours,
    Eileen Eby
    http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

Originally posted by Eileen
    help!
    using 8.5.1 HERA

following the advice in some of these threads, I was able to activate the separate delivery address code even tho the check box is missing from the Invoice Address tab in Design | Text | Web Site (cont)

Now... I've got a new problem!
    the Special Delivery Instructions have disappeared - this is an important box and I need it back

frustratedly yours,
    Hi Eileen

Do not panic.

Go into your library and revert the set up back to factory settings.

DESIGN | LIBRARY | CHECKOUT AREA and then right click and revert back to factory default.

Use the * to see which ones you have editted.

Regards
    Daren
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I need both the ability to ship to a separate delivery address AND special delivery instructions!

I know what I changed - I added the code to Invoice Location

I have now reverted it and still don't see the special delivery instructions.... I'm beginning to wonder if they disappeared with 8.5.1 and I just didn't notice it had happened.
      Eileen Eby

Comment

I need both the ability to ship to a separate delivery address AND special delivery instructions!

I know what I changed - I added the code to Invoice Location

I have now reverted it and still don't see the special delivery instructions.... I'm beginning to wonder if they disappeared with 8.5.1 and I just didn't notice it had happened.
        Once you have reverted it Eileen you will have to reapply your changes.

Regards
        Daren

Comment

that goes without saying, LOS....

but still doesn't solve the problem of the missing field.

A question: are you running 8.5.1 HERA on one of your sites?
          have you got both 'separate delivery address' and 'special delivery instructions' showing?
          Eileen Eby

Comment

I think my problem might be related to the fact that our shipping costs are included in our product prices.

The "Shipping Phase" code doesn't seem to be getting activated.
            Eileen Eby

Comment

that goes without saying, LOS....

but still doesn't solve the problem of the missing field.

A question: are you running 8.5.1 HERA on one of your sites?
              have you got both 'separate delivery address' and 'special delivery instructions' showing?
              Hi Eileen

All sites are on HFUA and use one addy only with the options removed for different delivery address.

Regards
              Daren

Comment

cheers, Daren

I've tried switching back to only one address and re-genning scripts and refreshing the test site, all to no avail....

I've compared our shipping and handling with our old V7 settings....

It is well and truly lost! All I can guess is that it is a script which decides whether or not to display the shipping snippet, and the script is not getting generated properly.... and I have no custom modifications to any of them.

sigh.

I think I'll call it a night now and perhaps play with HFUA on the weekend.
                Eileen Eby

Comment

I've sussed it.....
                  staying in release 8.5.1 HERA,

I had to :
                  a) change Business Settings | Shipping and Handling to:
                  Shipping Charges Made ticked
                  Configuration = Simple Shipping
                  Fixed Charge = 0.00

this activated the code for 'Shipping Phase' on Checkout Page 1

b) Edit the code for 'Shipping Phase' on Checkout Page 1 :
                  insert after ShipMessage (line 5):
                  Code:
                  <input type="hidden" name="SHIPPING" value="<actinic:variable name="ShippingValue" />" />

because I don't want to show a 0 amount for shipping, I commented out this code:
                  Code:
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SimpleShippingIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
                  	<actinic:variable name="CheckoutPrompt" value="Simple Shipping Cost" />
                  </actinic:block>

c) Because we use ANC for our shipper, and they have a limited size field for special delivery instructions, I changed the 'Shipping User Definable Prompt' to:
                  Code:
                  size="32" maxlength="33"
                  Eileen Eby

Comment

Hi - I have just hit this same issue.

Is a design change needed here?
                    Regards
                    David

Comment

By default, if shipping is free then the 'shipping & handling area in checkout is not displayed. To ensure that it is displayed even for free shipping, you can do the following:

- locate 'ActinicOrder.pm' in you site folder take a backup
                      - open it with a text editor such as notepad
                      - locate 'sub DisplayShipChargePhase'
                      - comment out the following lines in this subroutine by putting a '#' at the beginning of each line:

Code:
                      	if (ActinicOrder::IsPhaseComplete($::SHIPCHARGEPHASE)	||	 #the shipping is already completed or
                      		ActinicOrder::IsPhaseHidden($::SHIPCHARGEPHASE))	 #is hidden
                      		{
                      		push (@::s_DeleteDelimiters, 'SHIPANDHANDLEPHASE'); # hide the shipping stuff
                      		return ($::SUCCESS, '', \%::s_VariableTable, \@::s_DeleteDelimiters, \@::s_KeepDelimiters);
                      		}
                      	else
                      - close and save the file and update your site.

Please note that Actinic is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, restore your backup or an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder.
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracy ...but surely you should be able to display special delivery instructions even if it is free delivery without having to change any code.

Can this be added to a wish list please.
                        Regards
                        David

Comment

you should be able to display special delivery instructions even if it is free delivery without having to change any code.
                          I agree, but at the moment it is all part of the shipping and handling area in the checkout. I've added it to the wish list for you.
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                          X