Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to get rid of the vat 17.5% dispalyed

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could throw some light on this .I would like to know if it were possible to get rid of the words vat 17.5 % along with tax inclusive and tax exlcusive .

I just want the words 'exe tax' to be displayed along with the prices of the products.

and reduce the space between the quantity field box and the add to cart button.

Many thanks
    shankar
    Attached Files

Search Design | Text for "tax message" and change it to what you require.

Alternatively, look up the layouts under Design | Library | Layouts | Prices and change the layout.
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Hi ,

I actually find it difficult to change the tax message in the design--layout --prices,by changing the layout.

I am able to find the 'Including Tax message' and 'excluding tax message' in the design ---texts,in order to have change the tax message.

sorry if you could tell me wether i have to specifically look for the 'tax message' in design ---texts.

more help would be helpful.

Many Thanks
      shankar

Comment

Originally posted by shaloy
        'Including Tax message' and 'excluding tax message' in the design ---texts
        Bingo.

Excluding Tax Message:
        Change "(Excluding: %s)" to "(Excl. VAT)" or whatever you require and do the same for Including Tax Message

Comment

Sorry but i have tried that i dnt see any differnce ..there are two filed the current value and the default one ,the current value is what i changed under the desing----texts---website ---excluding tax message ..

Many thanks
          shankar

Comment

Woops.

I should have read the full description:
            "The 'excluding tax' message that appears on the confirmation page"

Anyway. Search Design| Text for "Tax Name And Rate" and change "%s at %s%%" to (Excl. VAT) or whatever.

That should do the trick.

Comment

Yea i was thnking abt it but ...i was confused ..thanks very much ..lemme try and get bck to yu ..

cheers
              shankar

Comment

I am still not able to see what i wanted .I tried doing it but it doesnt show any changes .
                More Help Please.

Many Thanks
                shankar

Comment

Sorry Shaloy

This has become a bit of a ping pong match. Post your layout code and I'll do the changes for you.

Comment

Thats the layout code for standard Tax Exclusive Price .copied it from design library----layouts ----prices----standard tax exclusive price .

Code:
                    <br />
                    	<actinic:variable name="ProductPriceDescription" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsFirstQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e">
                    		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMax%22%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201">
                    			(<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMax"/> item)
                    		</actinic:block>
                    		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMax%22%2f%3e%20%3e%201">
                    			(<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMax"/> or fewer items)
                    	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsMiddleQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e">
                    		(<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/> to <actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMax"/> items)
                    	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLastQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e">
                    		(<Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/> or more items)

<actinic:variable name="PreFormattedPrice" value="Product Price Excluding Tax" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxMessageShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                    	<span class="actxxsmall">
                    		(Excluding&nbsp;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName1"/> at <actinic:variable name="TaxRate1"/>%</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1AndTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"> and </actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName2"/> at <actinic:variable Name="TaxRate2"/>%</actinic:block>)
                    	</span>

Cheers
                    shankar

Comment

Copy and Paste

Code:
                      <br />
                      	<actinic:variable name="ProductPriceDescription" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsFirstQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e">
                      		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMax%22%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201">
                      			(<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMax"/> item)
                      		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMax%22%2f%3e%20%3e%201">
                      			(<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMax"/> or fewer items)
                      	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsMiddleQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e">
                      		(<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/> to <actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMax"/> items)
                      	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLastQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e">
                      		(<Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/> or more items)

<actinic:variable name="PreFormattedPrice" value="Product Price Excluding Tax" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxMessageShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                      	<span class="actxxsmall">
                      		(Excluding&nbsp;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName1"/></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1AndTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"> and </actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName2"/></actinic:block>)
                      	</span>

Comment

I changed the code located towards the bottom of your layout so that it only displays the TaxName and not the TaxName and TaxRate% <-- Huge hint!

Comment

Thats worked out well.Thanks very much.

Could you please tell me in which line and where exactly have you made this change?so that i can follow up with it in future.

cheers
                          shankar

Comment

Excellent.

As you become more accustomed and familiar with actinic you will gain the confidence to start playing with your layouts. Feel free to play (with caution).

Should you bugger something up, you can always revert back to the factory settings.

Also, bear in mind that actinic uses these layouts as global layouts. Therefore, any changes will be reflected where ever the layout is used.

Enjoy

Comment

Yea i have found where exactly the change is been made

Code:
                              if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName1"/> at <actinic:variable name="TaxRate1"/>%</actinic:block><actinic:block

is been changed to

Code:
                              if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName1"/></actinic:block><actinic:block
                              Does that sound corrct???

Cheers
                              shankar

Comment

Working...
                              X