Error in File UNKNOWN RPT:File 1/0 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in File UNKNOWN RPT:File 1/0 error

I am running v6.1.4 whilst waiting for upgrade to later version of Business Multisite to be completed.

In v6, I am getting errors when trying to print data entry reports (or any Actinic reports) as follows:
    Error in File UNKNOWN.RPT:
    File I/O error.

I found this issue on Actinic Community from 2006 and the advice was the error indicates a corrupt/broken report file. User was advised to contact Actinic support and request a set of report files.

I have done this but as v6 is no longer supported I'm not sure whether they will be able to assist. If not I may be stuck - unless anyone has suggestions?

Thanks.

http;//orders.bmjpg.com

Unless you have made changes to your report file then this is most likely to be caused by dodgy printer settings, there are articles in the knowledge base that tell you how to reset these - but you might be able to just click on printer settings and reset it there. Actinic stores the printer settings for each report so be sure to try printing a data entry report when you check the printer settings.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Dear Jan - thanks for your reply. Actinic Support sent me a dataentry.rpt file which I added in to the Actinic folder within Program Files. This file (dated July 2005) replaced the existing dataentry.rpt file (dated 2003).

I'm now getting a different message:

Required phrase not found
      Phase: -1, ID:2359 Language: eng-uk
      (and then same message referring to IDs 2311, 2360, 2313, 2314 and 2315)

something prints but no order details are included within the printed data entry order sheet. I have referred this back to Actinic Support.

If this doesn't work I might try going into regedit to reset printer settings as outlined in knowledge base.

Thanks.

Comment

My V6 dataentry report file is dated 2003, I think the 2005 one is for version 7 I think, it will not work with V6, I'm surprised actually that you don't get a SQL error when you run it.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

if you have a spare computer, install v6.1.4 on it, then get the data entry report from it.

Comment

resolved

Dear Jan and Jo,

Many thanks for your advice. I installed a separate version of 615 and grabbed the dataentry.rpt file from this and replaced the existing (corrupted?) dataentry.rpt file.

This has resolved the problem. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X