Best Sellers between fragments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Sellers between fragments

I'm attempting to help with another actinic site but have run into a problem. The user wants to put their best sellers layout on the home page with a fragment above and the the rest of the fragments below. Is this possible? I can swap the order of best sellers / fragments in the bulk layout no problem but how do I split the fragments?

Or is it possible to code the best sellers into a fragment? I've had quick go but didn't get anywhere. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but a search of the board has not revealed any answers.
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Not missing anything obvious, it's quite involved to do. Focus on creating fragments to look like the best sellers instead and change the column count to suit. Inifinitely easier than what you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Not missing anything obvious, it's quite involved to do. Focus on creating fragments to look like the best sellers instead and change the column count to suit. Inifinitely easier than what you want to do.
      It is actually fairly straight forward - duplicate your Standard Brochure Fragment List and call it Bottom Fragment List ... wrap the Fragment Layout in a block of condition using ListIndex < 2 and for the bottom ListIndex >= 3

In the Standard Brochure Page Bulk insert the standard fragment list above the best sellers and the bottom fragment list beneath.

Can be seen at http://www.cookingexpert.co.uk/ with 2 fragments above and the rest flowing beneath and at http://www.barrelsandbottles.co.uk/ with the "What Hot" being a modified best sellers list with fragments above and beneath.

HTH

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

That sounds like what I was trying to do last night Jont without much success (working in a hurry, remotely over a poor net connection on a 14" monitor didn't help).

So, once set up, how do you decide, in the content tree, which fragments appear above and below? Do you chage their layouts?
        Blank DVD
        Cloth Nappies

Comment

You put them in as you want and the ListIndex option is the place where you split it ... ListIndex <5 displays the first 5 frags ... in the bottom ListIndex >=6 displays the 6th frag and above accordingly

Bikster

Comment

You can use any frag layout you want in the mix. If you have 12 fragment simply set them in the overall sequence you want on the page as if the best sellers is not there and use the ListIndex to split them to give the effect of flowing around the best sellers.

Bikster

Comment

Ah, I see. That makes total sense. Will have a go at it tonight.

Ta very much.
              Blank DVD
              Cloth Nappies

Comment

Works a treat, thanks Jont.
                Blank DVD
                Cloth Nappies

Comment

Good work Steve

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                    In the Standard Brochure Page Bulk insert the standard fragment list above the best sellers and the bottom fragment list beneath.
                    I've gone to the Standard Brochure Page Bulk and I can see
                    Code:
                    <actinic:variable name="BrochureFragmentList" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsBrochureHomePage%22%20%2f%3e">

<actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22BestSellerListLocation%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Home%20Page%20Only%22%29%20OR%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22BestSellerListLocation%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Both%20Sidebar%20and%20Home%20Page%22%29" >
                       <actinic:variable value="Home Page Best Sellers List" name="BestSellersList" />
                    </actinic:block>

<actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NewProductsListLocation%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Home%20Page%20Only%22%29%20OR%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NewProductsListLocation%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Both%20Sidebar%20and%20Home%20Page%22%29">
                    	<actinic:variable name="NewProductsList" value="Home Page New Products List" />

If I insert another brochure fragment list at the bottom it is still a standard one and not my lovely new 'bottom' version.

I'm sure I've missed something simple but I can't seem to get where I've gone wrong.
                    TIA D
                    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

You need to duplicate the standard brochure fragment list in the library and call it something like "bottom fragment list" ... it is this list you insert after the best sellers layout. Eg

In the Standard Brochure Page Bulk you will see:

BrochureFragmentList
                      BestSellersList
                      BottomFragmentList

BottomFragmentList is the same as BrochureFragmentList but with the different block if to test >= to display everything over and above the declared number

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jont - That's what I thought I did!

Basically I went to library found fragment lists and then copied standard brochure fragment list and renamed it bottom etc I then put the block if's around each one.

However when i get to the standard brochure page bulk I can see within the drop down in the design tree standard brochure fragment list however in the coded section I can only see BrochureFragmentList and when I come to insert I can't see the new one.

When I look in my library I can see my bottom etc list as well as the standard brochure fragment list

so I'm not sure where I've gone wrong?

Cheers D
                        Donna

Comment

haha! I've done it! Was stupid mistake. Basically (if you want to know how stupid I am!) I copied the standard brochure bit but I didn't copy the BrochureFragmentList and condition it to the copies standard. Still it's my first block if and it worked w00t! to me
                          Donna

Comment

Well done

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                            X