Facebook integration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook integration.

Facebook has an api called facebook connect. this allows you to have a 'log into facebook' button on your site, javascript and ajax driven, it allows the users to use their facebook ID to log into your actinic site.

I have completed and initial integration, and it works well, it allows a 'share button' that posts the page to the users wall, (and their friends walls).

It also allows a classic facebook comments list, for each page, like a mini discussion. These comments are also wall posted, in the users profile.

Amongst other things.

But what i'v found is that no one uses it.

Its not the placements, and it not the technology, and its not the traffic.

Does anyone else have any idea why this is the case, and more to the point, would anyone like the code, for integration?

I think i'll be removing it, later on, but for now:

http://www.basketballasylum.co.uk/ac...oard-msbb.html

Feel free to give it a crack. Notice how facebooky it is.

Comment

Now that is very clever Gabe. Impressive.

I'm hoping that facebook's profile implroves TBH. I think it seems to have plateaued, especially since twitter is so popular now.

One of my clients has a Facebook page and has for a while (over 12months). They started twittering recently and they're more popular on Twitter already, but this could be as Twitter is in the new, hip, trendy stage, but we'll see.

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

this was more of an experiment tbh, but it has got some interesting advantages.

the facebook api allows you to return info about the person, gender, age group, etc. something you dont get out of a login-less society.

i think the issue here is why people dont use it. its becasue its extra effort with little reward.

Comment

I agree having that demographic info is very handy. As to why people don't use it. There's probably a number of reasons.

Do they send dispatch notes out with orders? I encourage this. A little note saying if you're not happy with the product please lets us know how to rectify it. Include address and telephone number. With my eBay clients I suggest they empahise giving 5 stars during the feedback process.

Perhaps, you could get your client to put something together and send out to a a few customers reminding them of the facebook feedback option and see if you get any feedback.

Just a thought.

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hi Gabe,

it looks like a good way of setting up comments / feedback functionality for a page, albeit for Facebook users only.

Can you tell me if there is any way of monitoring all comment posts by email? Or via your Facebook account?

Do you know a way of adding this functionality without being restricted to Facebook users?

Cheers
            Kenny Fraser
            http://kennyfraser.com

Comment

Working...
            X