Editing the Customer Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing the Customer Email

Hi, I am trying to edit the shopping cart part of the customer email. The email sent for each order currently contains something like:

Subtotal: £10.49
    Shipping (First Class Post): £3.50
    Shopping List Total: £13.99
    Including VAT: £1.37

Can I edit this or change the order of this, so the "Including VAT" is before the "Shopping List Total"? Or even better, could I just delete the "Including VAT" part?

I have tried editing the customer email in design view but it only gives the CartOnlineXML variable. It doesn't let me go any further.

Is this possible to do?

you can edit email templates in actinic the same way you'd edit templates.

click the designer tab, and then using the 'select page type' dropdown, choose your email template.

looks like you want to edit: 'Order Received Email' from this list.

Comment

perhaps i should have read all of the OP.

shit.

Comment

I suspect this would require a perl script mod.

Comment

If you are looking to edit the email sent out to the customers automatically from the server after completion of order, please try this :
          (Please back up the site before any modifications.)

Open the OrderScript.pl (C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\Actinic v9\Sites\<site name> ) in a text editor like Notepad and find the following lines under subGenerateCustomerMail:

Code:
          # Total
                  #
                  $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%d.%ds ", $nTextColumnWidth, $nTextColumnWidth), ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 103) . ":"));
                  $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%ds\r\n", $nPriceColumnWidth), $sTotal));
                  #
          Cut this entire bit out and paste immediately after the following lines that appear further below :

Code:
          $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%ds\r\n", $nPriceColumnWidth), $sTax2));
                          }
                      }
          ...so it now looks like :

Code:
              if ($nTax2 > 0)                                # if we have a positive tax 2
                          {
                          my $sTaxName = ActinicOrder::GetTaxName('TAX_2');
                          $sTaxName = 'Including ' . $sTaxName;
                          $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%d.%ds ", $nTextColumnWidth, $nTextColumnWidth), $sTaxName . ":"));
                          $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%ds\r\n", $nPriceColumnWidth), $sTax2));
                          }
                      }        
                  #
                  # Total
                  #
                  $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%d.%ds ", $nTextColumnWidth, $nTextColumnWidth), ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 103) . ":"));
                  $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%ds\r\n", $nPriceColumnWidth), $sTotal));
                  #
          This will place the Including VAT line to appear above the Totals line.
          Alternately, if you wish to simply hide this bit, place a # symbol in front of each line that appears after
          #Handle taxes applied with price including taxes
          till the second '}' just before the
          #
          #Total
          line (except for the lines that have the symbol already, which means they are commented out).

Save the file and update the site.

Hope this helps.

Note: To revert to the clean version of the perl file, you will need to copy the file from C:\Program Files\Actinic v9\Original folder into the Site folder.
          Krithika Chandrasekar
          SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for the solution. I would like to remove the Including VAT part so I have changed my code to the following:

Code:
            #
            		# Total
            		#
            		#
            		# Handle taxes applied with price including taxes
            		#
            		# if (ActinicOrder::PricesIncludeTaxes())
            			# {
            			# if ($nTax1 > 0)								# if we have a positive tax 1
            				# {
            				# my $sTaxName = ActinicOrder::GetTaxName('TAX_1');
            				# $sTaxName = 'Including ' . $sTaxName;
            				# $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%d.%ds ", $nTextColumnWidth, $nTextColumnWidth), $sTaxName . ":"));
            				# $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%ds\r\n", $nPriceColumnWidth), $sTax1));
            				# }
            			# if ($nTax2 > 0)								# if we have a positive tax 2
            				# {
            				# my $sTaxName = ActinicOrder::GetTaxName('TAX_2');
            				# $sTaxName = 'Including ' . $sTaxName;
            				# $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%d.%ds ", $nTextColumnWidth, $nTextColumnWidth), $sTaxName . ":"));
            				# $ACTINIC::B2B->AppendXML('CART', sprintf(sprintf(" %%%ds\r\n", $nPriceColumnWidth), $sTax2));
            				# }
            			# }		
            		#
            However when I upload or refresh my site it doesn't work. Including VAT is still showing in the e-mails. I think the updated perl has not been uploaded because when uploading I did get an error message saying:

"Access to …My Documents\Actinic v9\Sites\Site1\os000003.pl was denied."

I assume this is stopping the changes being uploaded. If I copy the old code back in to OrderScript.pl and upload, it uploads fine with no errors. So it's the new code that causes this error. Any ideas on how I can stop this?

Comment

It sounds like the file ownership is different after making the edits.

Are you using Vista?
              If so do you have full admin rights?

Comment

Hi

I have tried this again in my copy of v904 and the site updates OK after the above changes.
                Could you try a complete Purge and Refresh from Help | Troubleshooting (at an idle time of the shop hour). Please note that this will revert all modified scripts to their original state. However, once a successful upload is complete, try re-applying the changes to the script and Publish to Web. Does that help?
                Krithika Chandrasekar
                SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

It's seems to be working now. I tryed the purge and refresh this morning and then did a normal upload afterwards. I didn't get any errors after that.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X