Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspended Ordering glitch?

I am very possibly being dumb / ignorant here, but;

Due to some hold ups with my PSP, my site has been published with online ordering set to suspended. The PSP side of thing is just about sorted & I changed the online ordering option to allowed, refreshed the site & went into it to do some testing, only to notice that my add to cart buttons were missing.

Anyway after looking through all my settings, I noticed that all my products had the "can be ordered online" checkbox emptied, even although they were all previously ticked.

So I put a few ticks in, refreshed the site & everything was OK. I then had to suspend ordering, before eventually allowing ordering again & all my ticks have gone.

It looks to me that setting the store to suspended removes all the "can be ordered online" ticks, but setting the store to "allow ordering" doesn't replace the ticks.

Does this mean that if I suspend the store that I am going to have to manually tick nearly 800 products as "can be ordered" before refreshing again - or is there an easier way than this?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

I just tested this on a default store and it appears to work correctly.

Unchecking Allowed should grey out the Can Be Ordered Online checkbox on the product as well as removing the Add to Cart button.
    Checking Suspended should remove the Add to Cart buttons and replace them with Catalog Suspended.
    You can of course have a combination of both as well.

If yours doesn't do this then you may have a problem with your database.
    What increment of v10 are you using?

Comment

Unchecking empties & greys the box, Version 10.0.1 KEUB.

I have just noticed that I can have both suspended & allowed ticked (or unticked) at the same time & save - I would thing selcting one should de-select the other?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Air-Tech View Post
        Unchecking empties & greys the box, Version 10.0.1 KEUB.

Thanks.
        Correct - but you're saying theat when you check Allowed again the box stays empty rather than showing a tick as it did before unchecking Allowed?

Comment

yes, when I go "allowed", the box "ungreys" but doesn't populate with a tick.

Sorry I just edited the last reply with this;

I have just noticed that I can have both suspended & allowed ticked (or unticked) at the same time & save - I would thing selcting one should de-select the other?

Comment

The only real diffeence between the two is that Suspend places Catalog Suspended on the product instead of the Add to Cart.

I agree - they do effectively do much the same thing.

You can uncheck Allowed to use the store for marketing instead of selling - or so the Help infers.

Comment

Try compacting the database and see if that helps. If not then I think you may need to contact support.

Comment

Strange, it looks like if I toggle the allow button, the "can be ordered online" box works as I would have though, but if I toggle the suspend button I always come back to an empty "can be ordered online" box.

I guess I will recheck all my products & toggle the allow button as opposed to using the suspend button.

Thanks again.

Comment

If you have a lot of products to update you can use a flat file import for this as attached.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X