Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUG?: Anyone using real time stock control with stock count on screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG?: Anyone using real time stock control with stock count on screen?

Anyone using real time stock control, with stock count on screen and can provide me with a URL?

I have some rather strange things happening, i'm sure when we tested it that you could not order over what the stock count was saying, yet i can on mine. There also seems to be some confusion on the size of actinicextras.js, a newly licensed site seems to be 39KB for me, but when i use that which i'm presuming is total standard and as it should be, i get a Javascript error, i noticed i have some sites with the file as 42KB, when i paste that in instead, the error disappears.

Anyone provide a URL with this working and also confirm the size of their actinicextras.js file please?

In addition the quantity box does not seem to get removed, i'm sure this used to be removed when a product was out of stock, or again am i just going mad? It should surely be removed as serves no point when OOS?

Hi Lee

We use the real time stock on our Cotton Bunting site but can't get it to display the stock quantities as we use hidden products for the choices. However if you put a product out of stock it simply removes the add to basket button and puts an out of stock message on but does keep the quantity button which I must say I always thought was odd

This is what ours looks like when you have a straight product with no choices:

In case I don't get the opportunity again huge thanks to all those who've helped me this year, really appreciated.

Donna
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any pages where the actual stock count is shown on page? I too get the add to cart button removed and an OOS message when something is OOS, but it for some reason will allow you to over order, which was one of the things it was first setup to combat.

If i have a product with 5 in stock, surely it should not allow me to order 6 or more of them, do you get this behaviour too?

I'm beginning to think we have some rather big problems with RTS, i'm pretty sure when it was tested it would not allow you to order more than were in stock. The quantity box remaining on screen is ridiculous too.

Hopefully someone using RTS control with stock quantities on screen can prove me wrong, something looks very wrong to me right now.

Comment

More problems, synchronisation doesn't work, set to 300 seconds, constantly fails comes up with a retry button which never works. If you cancel, then "Failed to cleanup online transaction file !" shows on the bottom toolbar.
        1. Network test passes fine
        2. RTS is switched on
        3. RTS layout is perfectly standard
        4. Javascript files are from the original folder
        5. If stock level reaches 0, add to cart button disappears and OOS message shows

Despite all of the above, it doesn't work for me and i note the same on a separate site too, both can order more than the stock count. What on earth has happened to this feature, i'm adamant it wasn't like this when it was tested.

Comment

Hi Lee

Have you tried it on the standard Actinic sit. I just upload the standard site and it show the stock level and you can not order more then it says.

As you said the quantity box still stay on show when products are out of stock.

I have the synchronisation set to 10 seconds and it works fine.

A while back I did try and set it up on my offers page but could not get it working. So I gave up.

Elliott
          Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Just set it up on one of my pages on my live site.

This is what I have found.

1. Needed to add the real time stock control layout
            2. Don't work on ext info page. ( i think there is a fix in 10.3)
            3. I had to put a block round the real time stock control display, so if only show on products that i have added stock to.
            4. When I add more then the stock level to the basket it will not let me and takes me to the section page and display an the message.
            5. When it takes me to section page to show me the message, my logo don't show no more. For some reason the URL for the logo is the path of the file in Actinc folder on the PC. WIRED
            6. The out of stock message auto shows up when I place an order for all the stock it have for that product.
            7. My add to basket button and quantity box still display on the ext info page, when the product is out of stock.

This is all I have found out so far. I hope 9.3 will sort out the ext info pages.

Elliott
            Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Hi Lee

No we don't have the display showing as we can't show it on all products as some have a choice and some don't. However I do have the stock control running and you can't order more than we have in stock.

If you try to order our Pink Candy we are discontinuing this item so we only have 6 in stock it will not let you order 7 and it will put it out of stock if you order 6. search pink candy on the site.

D
              Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                More problems, synchronisation doesn't work, set to 300 seconds, constantly fails comes up with a retry button which never works. If you cancel, then "Failed to cleanup online transaction file !" shows on the bottom toolbar.
                1. Network test passes fine
                2. RTS is switched on
                3. RTS layout is perfectly standard
                4. Javascript files are from the original folder
                5. If stock level reaches 0, add to cart button disappears and OOS message shows

Despite all of the above, it doesn't work for me and i note the same on a separate site too, both can order more than the stock count. What on earth has happened to this feature, i'm adamant it wasn't like this when it was tested.
                ActinicExtras.js does not prevent ordering, that feature is handled in the perl scripts. The code in ActinicExtras deals with displaying the stock quantity (uses AJAX calls to the server to get the stock levels) and also controls the visibility of the messages and the add to cart button.

The stock ordering is handled through the perl scripts so if you are having a problem with ordering more than in stock it is the perl you need to check. The Real Time Stock control is in st000n.pl but ordering is still dealt with thorugh the normal cart files.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks for the tip Malcolm, i've placed all new script files JS, pm and pl and seems to be working now as i'd expect, apart from the removal of the quantity box which looks like a bad oversight, rather than something not working.

It would appear that despite having reportedly upgraded OK, for some reason script files were left in a time warp and i had to do those manually.

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Donna Kempster View Post
                    However if you put a product out of stock it simply removes the add to basket button and puts an out of stock message on but does keep the quantity button which I must say I always thought was odd
                    Hi Donna

Think i've cracked how to hide the quantity box when a product is OOS. Looks like it's just a bad oversight on their behalf, i can get it to work (according to tests so far) using just their functionality, took me about 30 mins to work it out and test. I can't provide any direct support for the change, but you're welcome to try it out if you like.

Cheers

Lee

Comment

Working...
                    X