• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Componant Stock Control not working for me

Hi Everone,
    I'm banging my head against a brick wall with this one
    any clues greatly appreciated.

I set up realtime stock control on a test product before I built my store to check it out. It all worked fine on testing.. this was also with external linking to a spreadsheet..
    It all worked fine.. but now I've added all my products to the store, it seems to have broken... and I cant work out whats gone wrong.

I have enabled stock control in business settings.
    Automatic stock synchronisation is turned off.

Individual products with no componants have stock control ticked, and are working properly.
    Please see this product;

[links removed due to possible duplicate content problem with google]

One is correctly listed out of stock (Stock in Hand figure from the linked database)
    The second has the correct amount of stock listed, (5in stock) and ordering more than is in stock returns the correct out of stock message.

So the online stock control is working fine for main products.

However if you go to this product for example;

If you choose the size 25mm (for example) and add 100 to the cart, then 100 are added !!
    But there are only 6 in stock.
    You can in fact order any amount of any componant product and that amount will be added to the cart despite there not being enough in stock.

Product STT04 is set up the same as all my others with componants and hidden products.. none of them work.
    The main product STT04 has stock control OFF
    The choices are linked to associated hidden products in Permutations.
    The associated products have stock control ON
    Within actinic the Estimated stock in hand for the hidden products is correct.

If you go to operations:stock levels: all the correct stock levels are listed.

So I'm stumped as to why its not working.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me in working out why this isnt working.
    Cheers.
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Originally posted by feemish View Post
    Hi Everone,
    I'm banging my head against a brick wall with this one
    any clues greatly appreciated.

I set up realtime stock control on a test product before I built my store to check it out. It all worked fine on testing.. this was also with external linking to a spreadsheet..
    It all worked fine.. but now I've added all my products to the store, it seems to have broken... and I cant work out whats gone wrong.

I have enabled stock control in business settings.
    Automatic stock synchronisation is turned off.

Individual products with no componants have stock control ticked, and are working properly.
    Please see this product;

One is correctly listed out of stock (Stock in Hand figure from the linked database)
    The second has the correct amount of stock listed, (5in stock) and ordering more than is in stock returns the correct out of stock message.

So the online stock control is working fine for main products.

However if you go to this product for example;

If you choose the size 25mm (for example) and add 100 to the cart, then 100 are added !!
    But there are only 6 in stock.
    You can in fact order any amount of any componant product and that amount will be added to the cart despite there not being enough in stock.

Product STT04 is set up the same as all my others with componants and hidden products.. none of them work.
    The main product STT04 has stock control OFF
    The choices are linked to associated hidden products in Permutations.
    The associated products have stock control ON
    Within actinic the Estimated stock in hand for the hidden products is correct.

If you go to operations:stock levels: all the correct stock levels are listed.

So I'm stumped as to why its not working.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me in working out why this isnt working.
    Cheers.
    Hi

Stock control on the site is handled by AJAX calls to the perl scripts. Without a link to the site it is not possible to help you.

Stock control on products and components does work see http://stockplugin.toddesigns.co.uk/...ent_Stock.html for an example

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Hi Mal,

Yes I know it usually works.. as I said I had it working myself on a test product before I started the buliid.

I removed the links because I know that googlebot trawls this forum, and the test site I linked to was an almost exact copy of my live store. I've got it hidden by htacess but I realised that by posting direct links to pages in the shop, I might get it trawled and was worried about duplicate content.

Thanks anyway, but this issue is now with support, as I'm fairly certain I have the store set up correctly..
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Google will find sites even without links.

The best thing to do if you don't want it indexed is to block the search engines in the robots.txt file.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,

yes, I've got a robots.txt file in the index folder telling googlebot not to index the site. That seems to work fine most of the times where I've used it before.. when googlebot lands in the site folder looking for an index file. But in the past I've had pages indexed when they shouldnt have been.. and I think it was down to direct linking to an html page. I might be wrong about that...but thats why I decided to remove the direct links.

Support have looked at my componant stock control problem and theres not an obvious reason for it.. its been passed to the developers to check out.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi Feemish,

There is a bug in 10.0.3 whereby stock control will not work with components if you have them in a hidden section but they themselves are not hidden, if you unhide the section that they are in and then hide them it will work, you might find that you then have to move them to another place and delete the hidden section. Could this be your problem? I came across it the other day when looking into this issue on one of my customers sites.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

Hey thanks for this clue!

Its certainly something to do with it.

My associated products are hidden, and they are in hidden sections.
              I unhid the section they are in and unhid some associated products and it worked !

So it seems this is definately a result of the bug you are talking about.

I re-hid the section and left the associated products unhidden... and it has stopped working again.

You seem to be saying that I should have the associated products hidden in an unhidden section for this to work..

HHmm.. I wonder how I'm going to sort this out.
              Every product I have has lots of associated products (Sizes)
              I put all the associated products in hidden sections to keep it all tidy..
              In seperate sections from the main products.
              Otherwise my section lists on the tree are incredibly long and confusing to look at.. they scroll over 4 or 5 pages.
              So my associated products really need to be in hidden sections.

Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

crikey, Jan, that was a good find.
                Shame Actinic Support didn't know about that one, eh?!

I'm definitely making a note of that. Is it new to 10.0.3 or V10 in general?
                Tracey

Comment

I'm having this problem on v10.0.0
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

If you hide the products within the hidden section, it seems to then work. My customer was using 10.0.2 actually and I've been testing it on 10.0.3.

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                      If you hide the products within the hidden section, it seems to then work. My customer was using 10.0.2 actually and I've been testing it on 10.0.3.

Regards,

Hi Jan,

no... unfortunately not for me..
                      Thats how I originally had it set up. Hidden associated products in a hidden section.

Unhiding both the section and the products made it work.

Hidden products in an unhidden section also seems to work, but no good for me as all the sections with my hidden products in appear on the site.
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Would it work if you created a hidden subsection and put your hidden associated products in there?
                        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                          Hi Jan,

no... unfortunately not for me..
                          Thats how I originally had it set up. Hidden associated products in a hidden section.

Unhiding both the section and the products made it work.

Hidden products in an unhidden section also seems to work, but no good for me as all the sections with my hidden products in appear on the site.
                          In which case the only option you're left with is to put all your hidden associated products at the bottom of the sections that your main products are in?

Yes, it will lengthen your product lists rather than being able to 'hide' them all away, but at least your stock control will fix it.

I guess it's specific to V10 as a whole then?
                          Certainly didn't do that in V9! (ie. it worked!)
                          Tracey

Comment

or, how about putting all your hidden products at the bottom of your very last UNhidden section.
                            That way you won't have to scroll through them all in the catalog tree
                            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                              Would it work if you created a hidden subsection and put your hidden associated products in there?
                              I'll give that a try shortly.. cheers for the idea.
                              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X