X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Chrome checkout issue

Hello,
    Could anyone help me with an issue I've got with Google Chrome browser,

When viewing my customers website in Google Chrome - when clicking the final confirm order button on the final checkout page - the button changes to saving order - but then dosn't go any further it just sticks. It will not forward to the payment provider (paypal or nochex)

It works fine on all other browsers - Explorer, Firefox and Safari,

the website is: http://www.lingerieofdesire.co.uk/

any help would be hugely appreciated

CHeers
    Rob

I've tested it out, and you are right, it does hang in Chrome.

I've compared the code you have with that on my site (www.davora.co.uk) and I can't see any major difference, yet my site works.

The only obvious difference I can see is that your site is using https on the checkout pages, but mine is only using http. Maybe that's one avenue to investigate?

Raj

Comment

Hello,
      Support are looking in to this for me - they've done some tests and it works fine if they remove the base href code so not sure what is going on here - any ideas?- I will post back as soon as we have the answer.
      Thanks
      Rob

Comment

Can't tell you if it's definitely the answer, but I previously had an issue on v10 where chrome would hang (eg not respond to buttons in that frame) on the receipt page. It was fine in IE, firefox, Opera.

In the end, removing the Google Analytics code fixed this problem for me - worth giving this a shot yourself, just pop some comment tags around the google analytics code in your checkout templates and upload again to see if it fixes it.
        www.kustompcs.co.uk

Comment

I was just about to enable google analytics..
          Is it right that the google analytics code breaks the checkout in google chrome?
          or is that a coincidence ? Does anyone else have this problem?
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Try it out and see, but for me, commenting out the Google Analytics code in Actinic fixed the issue of freezing on Checkout.

Maybe it works okay with the newer versions of Chrome but I wasn't using Analytics anyway.

If it's already working fine for you and likewise you're not already using the Analytics service then you should certainly try enabling it but just make sure to do some tests with various browsers afterwards.
            www.kustompcs.co.uk

Comment

I haven't seen this issue on any sites before and I test across browsers frequently.

You're using quite a lot of other js on the pages. Have you tried enabling the GA code but disabling some of the other js to see if that helps?

Also, are you using the latest GA code?

Comment

ROBW,

Just wondering what the fix for your problem was. I am having the same problem with my site using Firefox and IE.

On the checkout page after selecting paypal and then clicking on the "confirm order" button, the "confirm order" button changes to "saving your order" and hangs for about 3 seconds and then a copy of the website header and left side bar pop up below everything? at that point it doesn't do anything else.

If I remove the BASEHREF from Checkoutpage0 paypal works properly?

I am using version 10.0.4 LDZA USA
                BUILD 10.0.4.0.0.0 LDZA

I have attached a screen shot for reference. The customer info was there, I edited it out of the picture for privacy.

Thanks for any help,

Kevin
                Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

We have the same issue On the checkout page after clicking on the "confirm order" button, the "confirm order" button changes to "saving your order" and goes no further.

I have disabled all the scripts, GA etc and also fixed a couple of unsecure images but still have the problem

We now have quite a few failed orders per week from Chrome users which in these lean times cannot be missed.

If antone can take a look and advise it would be great. Website is http://www.uklaptops.co.uk

Cheers
                  Dave

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=50454

Comment

Hi and thanks for providing a possible solution, but I am unable to follow your guide as the VIEW tab is greyed out in Access.

Have I missed something?

Thanks
                      Dave

Comment

I have managed to do this now (works differently in Access 2007?) but the checkout in Chrome still hangs at saving order.

Comment

I found that an unclosed tag can prevent transfer to PSP in Chrome and Safari. Other browsers are OK.
                          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by davehoodiii View Post
                            I have managed to do this now (works differently in Access 2007?) but the checkout in Chrome still hangs at saving order.
                            I found this problem on a site recently was down to a corruption in the access database, the link above should have cured the problem but it didn't for me.

If you take a look in the SiteHTML folder at the file PSPForm.html the contents should be

Code:
                            <FORM NAME="formOCC" METHOD=POST ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:OCC_URL" id="idPSPForm" > NETQUOTEVAR:OCC_VALUES</FORM>
                            if it isn't then the main actinic database is corrupted. Without this file having the correct information in it the perl scripts running the checkout fail after setting the button text to 'Saving Order'. (Normally you rarely see this change to the button as the checkout moves on to a new page )

I manually corrected the database using Access and a copy of a working database to get it right. The file PSPForm.html is generated automatically each time you publish so you cannot just alter the file itself you have to correct the database.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                            SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                            Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions.

Malcolm - I have checked the file as you suggested and it is correct so not corrupted.

Norman - I saw you post previously and spent a few hours checking through the html, but could not find any problems. I will try editing the .js as you suggest.

Cheers Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X