Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailchimp integration

Hi,

I currently use one of the feedback questions in the checkout to ask "Would you like to subscribe to our mailing list?" with a Yes/No drop down field for the answer.

At the moment, when a customer says YES I manually update my Mailchimp list.

If a customer selects YES and then clicks Next I'd like the Mailchimp list to update automatically. How can I do this? I know Mailchimp has an API, but I don't know where to start with this. :-(

Raj

You could always try a different service. Teclan have an email marketing system integrated into Actinic and we're not far off getting ours released.

I know you would have to pay for theirs (and ours) but you get a better system (IMHO) and it is already integrated.

Worth looking at Teclan I say.
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

One way to do this is to amend the "Next" button functionality in the checkout.
      The basic idea is:
      - Customer enters their email address
      - Customer selects "Yes"
      - A Javascript AJAX function is called which passes the email address/name values to a PHP file on your server which then makes the API call to the Email Marketing API
      - Whether successful or not the checkout then progresses to the next page once the API call has completed (in Javascript terms the AJAX method call would always return true)

We work with a couple of Email marketing platforms within Actinic (not MailChimp though) to enable this kind of functionality. Drop me a message if you would like us to look at the options for you for MailChimp?
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
      X