Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ive lost a section of my website-help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive lost a section of my website-help needed!

Hi

So i was trying to change the order in which the sections of my site appear on the left sidebar of my homepage simply by clicking and dragging them into a different order which worked fine until i was moving my 'earrings' section and it disappeared. It is no longer appearing in the content tree. When i look to see if it has been dropped into another section it is nowhere in the content tree but when i looked at my 'sterling silver sets' section in the 'design' view i noticed a link with the word 'earrings' at the top yet i cant see any evidence of it when im in the content tree so i dont know how to move it back to where it was before.
    I could really do with some help as i dont want to have to recreate the section as it wont let me call it 'earrings' as it is telling me there is already a section with that name
    any help would be reeeaaally appreciated!!!!!!
    http://www.thecrystalcove.co.uk

Before you do anything of this sort, always take a snapshot, you always have a get back to where I was then. Yours sounds like you've dropped it into another section if it will not let you have something with same name, so check them thoroughly. You could upload the site and search for a product you know is in that section, that would help find it. Information and advice on backing up before you do things like this has been around for years and years, you should be doing this, there's a pretty big chance you'll be redoing that section I fear. Any older snapshots at your disposal?

Comment

Yes i do have a snapshot from a couple of days ago thankfully but to be honest i do not really know how to go about using that. There is definitely no sign of the section in the content tree, ive been through it but i can see where it has gone when i use the design view but i dont know how to move it from there. I was thinking that maybe it would be easier to restore my site to the snapshot i took a couple of days ago.
      http://www.thecrystalcove.co.uk

Comment

Restore from previous snapshot would be my advice then, take snapshot before you do that though. There's a snapshot tutorial on my site, I'd suggest a read of that.

Comment

Does it show up in the content tree when you press control F and search for a product in the Earrings section?
          Unusual Silver Jewellery
          Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
          Crystal Healing Jewellery
          Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
          X