Google Product Data Feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Product Data Feeds

Could somebody please tell me if there's a knowledge base article or similar about the latest formatting requirements for Google product data feeds. My existing data feeds are showing as invalid within Google Merchant Centre and I'm not sure how to edit them to be compatible.

Specifically, Google Product Data Feed Status is reporting missing Attribute: Availability for all my products.

I thought v10.0.4 LDZA was supposed to have made the data feeds compatible with the latest Google 22nd Sep requirements?

Can anyone please tell me how to set the 'Availibility' attribute for my products?

I have tried enabling online stock control to see if this will meet Google's requirement for the 'Availability' Attribute. I have exported the data feed and manually uploaded it in Google Product feed, Published to Web but still all my products are showing disapproved or invalid. Consequently, none of my products are now visible in Google shopping, which is a disaster.

Does anyone know whether setting online stock control will actually set the availability attribute in Google product data feeds?

Comment

I just added a column to the export headed 'availability', and then filled in 'in stock' all the way down.. that solved it.
      Of course, if youre doing it properly you need to manually input 'out of stock' in the out of stock items. I'm not aware that actinic will do this automatically.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Thank you Feemish.

How did you edit the GoggleProducts.txt file to include the availability column? Did you import it into Excel as a CSV file or another way, as it's just a solid block of text when opened as a text file?

I'm now thinking I should purchase the Mole End Product Mash plugin for £40 to have full editing flexibility for the product search data feed. I just rang them and their plugin is now fully compatible with the 22nd Sep Google product search data feed requirements. I didn't get much help from Actinic's Sales line when I asked if the new v11 of Business fixed this issue. They believed it did but weren't commiting. Mole End said that v11 hasn't resolved the Google product search data feed compatibility issue.

Comment

Yes, I opened it in excel, added the column and then saved it again as a txt file.

I'm sorry I have no experience of the mole end plug in.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

MGM - I had similar problem with availability on Google feed, try adding 'availability' option and then it defaults to 'in stock' . I am using v4 of the Mole End plug in....worked for me anyway.
            Baby Bedding, Nursery Bedding & Baby Stuff for your little ones...

Comment

Yes, I bought the Mole End Product Mash and it's very good. Also the support from Jan at Mole End was very prompt and helpful. I've created new custom variables in Actinic to meet Google's 22nd Sep requirements, also matching the Google Product Search variable names in Product Mash. After about another 12 hrs of work editing all my products in Actinic with Brands, Product Types and Unique Product Identifiers, Google Merchant Centre is now happy with my website once again. At least there are no errors which could lead to my feed being suspended anymore.

Comment

Just for your reference, I raised the issue with Actinic and this was their reply:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=51292

Comment

Working...
                X