V11 Default install fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V11 Default install fails

Hi I am trying to install V11 on my wifes laptop, just a basic install, V11 works on her PC (xp) we need it on the laptop instead now.

When Actinic is finished installing it throws up the error when trying to preview the pages when trying to work on them, "page preview"

A bong, and then cannot find file:///C:/ProgramData//Actinic%20v11/Site1/PreviewHTML_Administrator/P_index.html

I can manually find the correct file at the location below, when I look at diff section whilst editing catalog the error above happens but the correct page is shown when I click the link below.

file:///C:/ProgramData/Actinic%20v11/Site1/PreviewHTML_Administrator/P_index.html

without the two forward slashes after ProgramData.

This must be a common problem because it has happened on two of the three machines I have tried to load V11 on, the other being a very old Vista machine, same error.

The default install asks for program files (x86) on my wifes machine, that failed so I tried installing it in simple, "program folder", that failed also.

I have spent hours fiddling with this installing, unistalling, pasting folders etc, changing UAC settings, even setting up complete new user IDs.

I have managed to install it on another Vista lappy, 32bit and my windows 7 inch notebook, w7 lite or whatever it is called, no probs.

It seems 64 bit is the problem.

Any ideas please anyone , this is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I did do a forum and google search, there is some stuff out there but it didn't help at all.

It sounds as if you're installing the user files (site1, etc) into Programdata rather than 'my documents' where they should be.

Try installing again and let actinic put the files into the right place.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike

Mike you are a star, thanks mate.

I am concerned however that programdata was the default choice by the stock V11 installation, I could find no documentation from actinic that I should change it manually.

I wasted 4 or so hours because of this, not impressed.

Have a good weekend Mike you are a sanity saver.

Comment

I'm glad you got it sorted.

It's odd because I thought Actinic installed them into 'my documents' by default since V9 (or thereabouts) for compatability with the more recent versions of Windows and UAC.

I wonder if there's somewhere on the computer which specifies what the default location should be for user files / program data. This might be what's causing the problem.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X