MDAC issue Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MDAC issue Windows 7

I have a new laptop. I have downloaded sellerdeck v9.05 to this and attempted upload a snapshot of my website to this (the snapshot comes from sellerdeck v9.05 on old laptop).

My new laptop is running Windows 7 64 bit and the old laptop was running windows xp.

The snapshot uploads to sellerdeck but won't load any of the database things like pictures and when I close it down and try to reopen it I get these following errors:

"There was a problem with the database
    Operation: Opening the [SetupInfo] table where nGroupID IN (1)
    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'SetupInfo'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
    Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate"

"Actinic failed to open the database DSN=ActinicOriginal9. This prevents Actinic working.
    The error was:
    Data source name not found and no default driver specified
    Please refer to the troubleshooting section in the MU Installation and User guide for possible solutions"

"Your system isn't configured correctly and Actinic cannot function. This is normally caused by the database components currently installed, and is acknowledged by Microsoft as a problem (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/te...redistmdac.htm).
    In most cases it can be corrected by installing the latest copy (at least version 2.1.2.4202.3) of "Microsoft Data Access Components" or "MDAC" which can be downloaded from Microsoft. MDAC 2.6 is also supplied on the on Catalog install CD. If need to download it from Microsoft, click on the first link below to open your browser at the relevant page, and then follow the appropriate links.
    After installing the new version of MDAC you may have to uninstall and then reinstall Actinic to obtain full functionality.
    If you require any further assistance please contact your vendor. Contact details are available by clicking on the second link below."

I have read that I shouldn't need to install MDAC 2.8 on windows 7 64 bit so what can I do to rectify this?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

This could access permisions. Did you install SellerDeck in the default installation path?
    Try disabling UAC.

Comment

yes i did install it in the default installation path.
      how do I disable UAC?

Comment

There are a few ways but here's one: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...trol-on-or-off

Comment

I've disabled the UAC and also turned off the firewall, tried again this morning and I'm still getting the same thing.
          I've imported a snapshot of my site and then imported a design of my site but just as before all I get
          are the words but no pictures I just get boxes with red crosses in them.
          Do you have any other ideas on how to get my site imported onto this new laptop with windows 7 cos I'm totally stuck now?

Comment

Can you tell us the installation path on the XP machine, ditto on the W7, also locations of Sites folders on both please.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Do you store your images in your SIte folder or elsewhere?

Comment

I store them in my site folder.

Both machines I used the default installation path.

Comment

I've just had a look through my Actinic V9 site folder imported with my snapshot to my new laptop and none of my images are in there, only the default images provided by sellerdeck/actinic.

These images are, obviously, in the folder on my old laptop. So does that mean there's a problem with the snapshot?

Comment

No, the snapshot will only include items from the site folder. You will need to move these images to a subfolder(s) in Site1 and then update the paths in the database - either by going through them individually in Actinic or using MS Access.

it is always good practise to keep all referenced files in subfolders in Site1 for these reasons.

Comment

so what you're saying is that I need to install all the images into a subfolder within my Site1 folder and then input the images to Actinic (eg into each product and each section, etc) as though I was setting it all up again?

I don't understand all the terms used on the Forum, that's why I'm asking using my own description to make sure I've understood it properly!

Thanks,

Comment

Unfortunately so. If you have hundreds then you may wish to modify the paths in Access if you are proficient with that.

Comment

hi all
                          thanks for all your help, especially Duncan, I've managed to get the problem sorted by doing exactly what Duncan suggested.
                          Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X