Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Filtering changing product layout

Hi,

I am using the new Advanced Filtering in SD13, I have set up my filter and the section, both working well.

However, I want to change the product layout, to possible the full description, critically I want to show the dynamic pricing and hide the normal price.

The reason behind the price choice is that I am using a hidden product to adjust the product price (enable me to give price change when a customer buy two in the same week).

Of course if you go to the design tab, the product layout is not shown so unsure where to find it to adjust.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks M
    Mash

Of course you can alter the Product Layout from the Design tab. That's what the Design tab is for.

You'll need to explain better why you think you can't. And let us know if it's the Product Page or Product Summary layout that you're asking about.

Note that you can easily remove the product price without editing any layouts. In a Product Detail / Layout / Product / Price Layout, choose No Layout. This can also be set at the Section or the global Design / Settings level.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Right need to explain the issue slightly better, apologise if I caused confusion.

If a layout isn't working I would go to the design tab to adjust or make a new one. I have been hiding the PriceListRetail for example:

Code:
      	<p class="product-price" style="margin-left: <actinic:block php="true">echo (<actinic:variable selectable="false" name="ProductImageWidth" />+10);</actinic:block>px">
      		<!-- 
      			<Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<actinic:variable name="ProductPriceDescription" />">
      			<actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
      			</Actinic:PRICES>
      			 -->
      				<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UseDynamicPrices%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductComponentCount%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200" >
      					<actinic:variable name="ProductJavascriptLayout" />
      				</actinic:block>
      			<actinic:variable name="DynamicPrice" />
      		</p>
      As I only want to show the dynamic price of the product (pricing model =sum of product and component price). The reason behind that is that I want to charge £22 for the first item and £15.50 if you bought multiple items in a single delivery period which is equalling a week. Of course you can use the pricing grid on a product level but that does not work if you are offering more than one product per delivery period and you want the same multiple price to cover different products hence using the hidden product.

That is a slight side to the layout issue.

I am using Advanced Filtering for the first time as I mention before, reading the help file about it while I was setting up the section, it says:

NB The section will appear blank in the SellerDeck preview panel and when previewed locally with 'Preview Current Page' and 'Preview Store'. Your product selection is added dynamically on the web site and will be visible online once you have uploaded your new section.
      So if you go to the Design Tab, you click on the section with the Advanced filtering, it is blank and not layout seams to be available to adjust.

It could be Product Page or Product Summary layout I am unsure, before posting my first question I did make adjustments on Section > Layout > Product and also Section > Product Page > Product Page Product Layout, neither changed it. Also I looked through the Design Library.

I guess it is a Product Summary layout I have look for.

Interestingly I adjusted the Best Sellers and New Product lists to hide the Retail price and just shown the dynamic price and no price is being returned.

That was a long answer, sorry about that.

Thanks M
      Mash

Comment

Ahah! I think I understand. It's the price in each item in the page of filtered results that you want to hide. These are displayed via the search results (layout Tabular Search Result or Standard Search Result depending on your choice). So to disable the price on that list, go to Settings / Search And Filtering Settings / Display Options and uncheck Price.

For the individual items (that customer sees when they click one of these filtered results), use the Product Detail / Layout / Product / Price Layout; and choose No Layout. Or set it globally as mentioned earlier.

Comment

UPDATE: If you want different settings for FIltered Results lists than for normal Search Results, then you'll have to create new layouts. Start at Filer Results Layouts in the Library and work out from there what needs replacing.

E.g. Tabular Filer Results uses Tabular Search Result List so you could duplicate and modify Tabular Search Result List (Copy) to create use a different (newly created) Tabular Search Result layout.

Comment

That worked which is excellent, see the results here: Delfland order by variety.

Any thoughts on the dynamic pricing not working on either new products or best seller?

See here: Best seller list

The code for that layout as below:

Code:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e" >
            			<!--	<Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<actinic:variable name="ProductPriceDescription" />">
            				<actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
            				</Actinic:PRICES>
            				-->
            				<actinic:variable name="DynamicPrice" />
            			</actinic:block>
            Thanks M
            Mash

Comment

Working...
            X