Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Layouts not changing on website when uploaded - only on sections/products after upgra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layouts not changing on website when uploaded - only on sections/products after upgra

I have changed the layout of my products and sections to display as 3 in a row. Also I have the prices to be displayed as to show include tax on product lists.

This all shows correctly in the page previews on Sellerdeck, but when I publish to web, some of the sections/ products are displayed correctly, but then I have other sections/products that stay as the orginal layout before the change.

I have upgraded to 12.0.2 recently and I am positive that the sections/products that don't display correctly are ones that have been added since this upgrade.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is please?
    Thank you
    Kind regards
    Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

I had this issue twice recently. I found if I changed the file name and uploaded it worked but if I changed the file name back to what it should have been then it would not update. Below are what fixed the two issues:

1) Web menu > Generate Web Site. Then checking the files generated at "C:\ProgramData\SellerDeck 2013\Site1\SiteHTML" check the HTML files in a browser to see if they have updated. Create a new snapshot File menu > Snapshot > Export. Web menu > Publish.

2) Housekeeping > Compact databases. Web menu > Refresh website. Right click the section and "delete". Then right click again un-delete. Publish to web.

If that does not work other common fixes for seeing old pages are:
    1. Refresh the page in the browser Control and F5.
    2. Clear the cache on the browser to make sure it is loading the latest version.
    3. Web menu > Network Setup > Test > to check the settings.
    4. Make a change to the outer layout, such as temporarily apply a different overall layout to all pages to force all pages to update and then publish to web to see if it forces upload.
    5. Export snapshot, make sure you have a working snapshot. Import snapshot again.
    6. Login to the FTP server and check that files are uploading to the right place.
    7. Backup then remove generated files i.e. clear the SiteHTML folder, clear the store folder on the server, Web menu > Refresh from SellerDeck.
    Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
      I had this issue twice recently. I found if I changed the file name and uploaded it worked but if I changed the file name back to what it should have been then it would not update. Below are what fixed the two issues:

1) Web menu > Generate Web Site. Then checking the files generated at "C:\ProgramData\SellerDeck 2013\Site1\SiteHTML" check the HTML files in a browser to see if they have updated. Create a new snapshot File menu > Snapshot > Export. Web menu > Publish.

2) Housekeeping > Compact databases. Web menu > Refresh website. Right click the section and "delete". Then right click again un-delete. Publish to web.

2. Clear the cache on the browser to make sure it is loading the latest version.
      4. Make a change to the outer layout, such as temporarily apply a different overall layout to all pages to force all pages to update and then publish to web to see if it forces upload.
      5. Export snapshot, make sure you have a working snapshot. Import snapshot again.
      6. Login to the FTP server and check that files are uploading to the right place.
      7. Backup then remove generated files i.e. clear the SiteHTML folder, clear the store folder on the server, Web menu > Refresh from SellerDeck.
      Thank you Louise

I will certainly try these recommendations and I will let you know how I go on.
      Thank you
      Kind regards
      Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post

Hi

When checking the html files, these files have not been updated.

I have tried all of the above apart from the ones where I have to logon to server (last 2) not sure what to do here
        Thank you
        Kind regards
        Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

[*]Make a change to the outer layout, such as temporarily apply a different overall layout to all pages to force all pages to update and then publish to web to see if it forces upload.

Also, I have tried this suggestion and I changed the overall layout from full width with 2 sidebars, to full width with no side bars. Publinshed to web and the change did not happen.
          Thank you
          Kind regards
          Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

You could try option 7 without removing files on the server. If the pages are not generating new versions in that folder then it is not going to upload new versions anyway. If you have tried all the above possible fixes and still have a problem I suggest you contact SellerDeck support.
            Peblaco

Comment

Ok, thank you
              Thank you
              Kind regards
              Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

I have absolutly no idea what I have done, but all seems to be ok now

All good now, thanks for your help.
                Thank you
                Kind regards
                Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

It's Louise doing her magic again.

She's really getting quite good at it.

Mike
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------