Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Component Selection

Hi,
    For continuity, we have ended up with a situation whereby we have products with multiple options and products with just one option (don't ask!), and we are using radio buttons to list them / it. The problem is where we have just one option, that option is not selected by default and when you try to add it to the cart without selecting (on the live site) it you get an error and the product is not added to the cart. Is there any way of forcing this to be selected other than adding a "None" option, which would just look stupid?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Steve

Hi,

SellerDeck 2013 should do this by default; if it does not it may be worthwhile contacting support.

Comment

If you use a component without attributes you can list a check box instead of a radio button once you have selected "Is optional"

I much prefer to use an attribute with radio button choices and then point it to a product reference so when it is edited it changes all the options in one go without having to edit every component. Yes you will need a null option of not required/none etc.
      Quality engraved Sports Awards, Golf Trophies and Football Trophies in 3 -7 days.

Comment

Hi,
        Many thanks for your replies, they are much appreciated. I think I will contact support as I can't get it to work with any type of layout or scenario. I have already got the (only) permutation linked to an actual product, which seems bizarre I know but it's to maintain continuity throughout the site.
        Cheers,
        Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

This is a *bug* within Sellerdeck which we reported 2-months ago. We got a 'workaround' from SD Development Team just last week. Here:

>>The development team have modified a couple of layouts to work around this. They are the 'Radio Button Permutation Entry' and 'permutation radio button list'.

>>Please edit your current layouts to use these (back up yours first). I have attached them to this email.

Radio Button Permutation Entry
          Code:
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationIsValid%22%20%2f%3e" >
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPermutationHidden%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE%0dOR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPermutationHidden%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAssociatedProductInStock%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE%20OR%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22RealTimeStockEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE%29%29" >
          <span class="ajs-attr" id="<actinic:variable name="PermutationAttributeList" value="Attribute IDs" />_<actinic:variable name="PermutationChoiceList" value="Permutation Choice ID List" />">
          <input type="radio" name="<actinic:variable name="PermutationAttributeList" value="Attribute IDs" />" value="<actinic:variable name="PermutationChoiceList" value="Permutation Choice ID List" />" <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsUsedNoneChoiceLabel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE%29%0dOR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSelectedByDefault%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentIsOptional%22%20%2f%3e%29" ><actinic:block php="true" >
             echo ($bOptionSelected == false || $nPermCount == 1) ? 'checked="checked"' : '';
             $bOptionSelected = true;
          	</actinic:block></actinic:block> <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22AssociatedProduct%3a%3aProductID%22%20%2f%3e" >
          	class="rts_<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductID" />_<actinic:block php="true" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentCheckboxShown%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE" >	echo ' chk_' . $sCompCheckBox . '_';</actinic:block>"
          </actinic:block> <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPreviewMode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true" >onclick="ChoiceChanged(this)"</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPreviewMode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >onclick="ChoiceChanged(this, '<actinic:variable name="DynamicPriceCGIURL" />', <actinic:variable name="SectionID" />)"</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPreviewMode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >onclick="ChoiceChanged(this, '<actinic:variable name="DynamicPriceCGIURL" />', <actinic:variable name="SectionID" />, <actinic:variable name="ShopID" />)"</actinic:block>>
             <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE">
          	   <actinic:variable name="PermutationChoiceList" value="Permutation Choice Name List" />
             </actinic:block>
             <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
                <actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductName" />
             <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPriceShownForComponents%22%20%2f%3e">
          	   <actinic:variable name="PermutationPrice" />
          </span>
          Permutation Radio Button List
          Code:
          <actinic:variable name="PermutationAttributeList" value="Attribute Names" />
          <br />
          <actinic:block php="true" >
          	$bOptionSelected =  false;
          	$nPermCount = <actinic:block type="PermutationList"><actinic:variable name="ListCount" /></actinic:block>;
          <div id="id<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>_Table">
          <actinic:variable value="Radio Button Permutation List" name="PermutationList" />
          </div>
          Make sure you select the correct Layouts - there are some that are very similarly named!...

Hope this helps - it drove us nuts! And, we were losing sales as customers were not reading the error messages when they hadn't selected the 'Sole' option...

Regards

Bill
          http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk
          Bill

HTML Code:
          <a href="www.spicesofindia.co.uk">www.spicesofindia.co.uk</a>

Comment

Hi Bill,
            That's brilliant, if a little bit scary for me. I will give it a whirl once I have taken several snapshots!
            Best regards,
            Steve

Comment

Hi again Bill,
              Easy peasy!
              Thanks so much once again for your help.
              Best regards,
              Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

Yh, looks more complex than it really is - pleased it worked for you...

KR

Bill
                Bill

HTML Code:
                <a href="www.spicesofindia.co.uk">www.spicesofindia.co.uk</a>

Comment

Working...
                X