Card Details Stored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Card Details Stored?

I've just done an export of customer details from one of our sites, and note with concern that there seem to be some card details stored on the database. It's only a few customers, and only the last 4 digits are visible of the card number. There's no obvious verification code, but it's still a worry. Is this a hangover from a few years ago when we used to process card details manually, or are card details being stored on our system? We run a PSP and don't ask for card details ourselves online at any point. How can I delete these from the database?
    Thanks,
    Ben
    Ben
    http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Card details are usually encrypted on the database, if you have some very old orders then they may be stored unencrypted but new ones would be encrypted - when you export them to file thought they are decrypted.

There is a credit card shredding option somewhere in the software that you can use to delete all card details from the database. it might be on the payment page for the orders not sure.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      There is a credit card shredding option somewhere in the software that you can use to delete all card details from the database. it might be on the payment page for the orders not sure.
      It's under the Operations tab. If you add a new item to, say, a Sellerdeck Payments order offline, you can see the last four digits in the dialog box which asks if you want to use the same or a different card:

This suggests that the card details, although encrypted, are somewhere. You can shred those details as Jan says, using the option under the Operations menu.

--edited for clarity--
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
        It's under the Operations tab.
        Thanks for your replies- I see the option there, but it's greyed out. I've tried setting up a temporary payment option to capture cards in case this allowed me to use the option but no luck.

I can see the cards are all pretty old but some are theoretically still operational, and I'm keen to remove them from our system as a precautionary measure. If anyone can help on why this is, I'd be grateful.
        Ben
        http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

You can remove these masked numbers, although there's no point really as only the last four digits are being held as far as I can see.

If you really want to, you need to go into the .mdb database. Make a copy of it first in case you make a mistake. Close Sellerdeck.

Find the PaymentHistory table.

Navigate across to the column headed sMaskedCardNumber.

Any card numbers will be in that column. Delete them as you wish.

Save and exit.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
          X