Orders Being Auto Downloaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders Being Auto Downloaded

Currently run a site with split design/order processing. The last two nights for various reasons, the order processing side has come over to me and i have merged it with the design side for marketing lists and various other things. Basically i merge the sites from time to time to make them the same.

I have been doing that on V10 for years, however i upgraded to V12 two days ago and since then, when i merge the sites my end, it is somehow downloading orders, without me pressing to or without auto download on.

It's happened twice in 2 days now, 100% not a misclick, the software is doing it, anyone had this or got any ideas. I cannot have software just downloading orders when it wants to, it will mean that orders end up on the wrong machine.

Any thoughts or ideas?

My instinct is saying it is to do with the merging of the snapshots somehow, part of that process is triggering a download without the request to do so.

Another post mentioned a similar issue still occurring in V2013 see here.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks Pebbles, much appreciated, i will give that a go. Disappointing such a potentially critical issue has not been fixed. The problem hinges around stock control i think, if you try to switch off order processing, it wants to switch off stock control, so you cannot. But if you leave order processing on, then it downloads orders.

It really should not download orders if not set to do so, no matter what it thinks it needs to do it for whether than be syncing or not, at the very worst it should prompt. It would be very easy to lose lots of orders completely innocently.

Comment

Hi Lee,

This causes problems for us as well, I haven't been able to find any way to stop it doing this. I have raised a bug report and a change request but so far I don't think that anything has been done.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

It's a disappointing part i must say, when you split the tasks of the site across two machines, the software should not be working against you. I'm actually quite annoyed by this one, as a bare minimum it should be asking you, i realise it is trying to be helpful, we cannot have software doing what it thinks in spite of what you tell it via the settings.

I take it the designer option in other thread does not work then?.....sigh.

Comment

Hi Lee,

I haven't tried that actually because I use a business plus license for my shops. Fingers crossed for you.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Mine is business plus too Jan, never ever used designer, the option is still in the menu on business plus.

Comment

Just checked that and I think it will work. My problems is different to yours though, I do want to download orders on the machine that Sellerdeck is running on but I don't want them downloaded randomly, I only want them to download when I specifically ask them to - I have 7 sites all running via an automated process, I never want to download when that process isn't running or else my automated processes won't occur and my orders will not go out.

My work around is to never upload or download manually which is not ideal.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                X