Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error initialising payment service. Please try another payment method.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error initialising payment service. Please try another payment method.

Not sure if I can get help here...

We are trying to upgrade the version of sage pay we are using. We were told by sellerdeck we needed to upload Cypt::SSLeay onto our web server for the new intergration to work.

I spoke to Webfusion, who uploaded it. That's when the trouble started.

Our website dentalshop.co.uk (and another site) wouldn't accept payments and came up with this error message, stopping the customer proceeding to the sage pay payment page.

'Error initialising payment service. Please try another payment method.'

Currently we only have sage pay as an option. We kept contacting webfusion to take off the script and revert it back. Eventually they said it was fixed. Some customers can get through and others can't. I've rung webfusion many times and they insist it is fixed and we need to upgrade our server as it is prone to unstability due to its age. We are upgrading but in the meantime some customers cannot place orders. I rang Sage Pay but it is nothing to do with them.

Our 3 computers in the office all cannot place orders. I've tried refreshing the site to no avail. Would compact and repairing databases help at all? I'm not a developer, only a web/graphic designer so all this is over my head. My manager is demanding I fix it, but I'm stumped!

Can't help with your SagePay issues I'm afraid but as a short fix, add PayPal?
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Not sure if I can get help here...

We are trying to upgrade the version of sage pay we are using. We were told by sellerdeck we needed to upload Cypt::SSLeay onto our web server for the new intergration to work.

I spoke to Webfusion, who uploaded it. That's when the trouble started.

Our website dentalshop.co.uk (and another site) wouldn't accept payments and came up with this error message, stopping the customer proceeding to the sage pay payment page.

'Error initialising payment service. Please try another payment method.'

Currently we only have sage pay as an option. We kept contacting webfusion to take off the script and revert it back. Eventually they said it was fixed. Some customers can get through and others can't. I've rung webfusion many times and they insist it is fixed and we need to upgrade our server as it is prone to unstability due to its age. We are upgrading but in the meantime some customers cannot place orders. I rang Sage Pay but it is nothing to do with them.

Our 3 computers in the office all cannot place orders. I've tried refreshing the site to no avail. Would compact and repairing databases help at all? I'm not a developer, only a web/graphic designer so all this is over my head. My manager is demanding I fix it, but I'm stumped!
      1/ There is a problem with some versions of SSLeay, you need to have at least version 0.72 or above. So that may be part of the problem.
      2/ Repairing the database is not likely to help but you could do a site refresh to make sure that all the perl files are correct. From top menu select 'Web' then in drop down select 'Refresh Website', This will upload all the perl files as well as the html and pictures, 'Publish to Web' only uploads files it thinks have changed. When doing a site refresh you can tick the select box to ignore image files.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

It was an invalid IP address causing the issue for anyone else suffering with this.

Sagepay settings - add new IP!

Comment

Working...
        X