Prices of associated product now showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices of associated product now showing

My site has several PC systems on it. These are made up of a main product at zero value with a list of choices each of which contains different products. Such as

Choose processor -with 3 options: i7, i5 and i3.

The choices are made up of associated products. The options price is taken from the associated product.

This has been working in Sellerdeck 2014. I just updated to sellerdeck 2016 and now all these system are at zero value and no matter what options I tick nothing changes.

If I take the component prices off of associated products and type in a value by using "override" the price works.

I have changed nothing else apart from updating to Sellerdeck 2016. Has the later changed an option I had in Sellerdeck 2014? Or has is this a bug? Has anyone else seen this? Obviously I can't leave a lot of "free" systems on my website for very long..

I'd check the pricing model for the main product is correct. It should probably be 'Sum of component prices'.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I have tried "sum of product and component" (the setting used in Sellerdeck 2014, and "sum of component prices". I also have a tick box I never noticed before that says "assembly product" although ticking it makes no difference.

I have also made a completely new product with completely new component products.

If the product is not set to associated prices and it does update the price so the pricing model can't be the problem - it must not be using the associated product price.

Comment

Hello David
        our 2016 site is entirely made up of products with associated component pricing and everything is as it should be, without any intervention from us during the transition from 2014.

In the permutations, all the choices are selected as 'Associated Product Prices' and the Pricing Model is 'Sum of Components Prices'.

Best of luck :-)

Sean
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Good to know it works for some one. I have a support contract so thankfully tech support is looking at it. I have gone back to Selleredeck 2014 for now. I don't know if I can run a test site in 2016 while still running 2014 for the real site. The problem with dynamic prices does not show up on a local preview.

Comment

I had a reply from tech support to say the problem is a bug in version 16. It will be fixed in 16.0.1. All my product permutations are linked to products in sections which are hidden. I sell computers but do not sell the individual parts (motherboard, hard drives etc..) so all the parts are not available on site. I put them in hidden sections to make it easier for me when I need to update prices.

If the hidden products are in sections which are not hidden the prices work. But hidden products in hidden sections do not work.

For now I will stick with SD2014 until the update arrives. Hope this information helps someone else.

Comment

That's a good resolution, even if there is a bit of a wait for 16.01.
              It explains why it works for us - our hidden products are not in hidden sections.
              Kind Regards
              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Hello David
                We have the same problem. Gone from 2014 to 2016. The first product on every page has the second Permutation greyed out so is not active. All other product permutations lower down are working OK .

Comment

Finally got round to installing 2016.1 and this problem appears to be solved, with dynamic prices updating properly. Now just to wrestle with all the changes that 2016 has made to the layout of the site when upgrading.

Comment

Working...
                  X