Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP, more input fields required??

Hi,

I am using Catalog V5.12 and I could do with some advice.

Does anybody know if it is at all possible to add extra customer input fields to the ordering section of the software. I can add extra input fields within the 'form' but dont really want to venture into the perl file to setup the parsing action!! [nightmare]. I have already made use of the three user definable fields available in catalog but require at least another 5. Any cheats available, possibly hijack other input fields to take the info I require??

If no easy way is available, does anyone have any advice on what to do with the perl script to parse the info from extra fields I could add manually to the form.

any help greatly appreciated

Have a look in the V6 forum where I posted a technique for adding a large number of additional fields to V6.

I parsed the extra info prompt so that it could contain a sequence of prompts separated by "|", e.g.

Name|Address1|Add2|Town|Postcode|Phone

That would then automatically generate the required input fields. Error checking and reporting was incorporated and a field could be optional. Also you could define each fields length.

This used a combination of JavaScript and patches to some of the perl scripts.

It won't be directly compatible, and I'm not really wanting to do it all again for V5, but it should point you in the right direction as to where patches are needed.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Also, don't forget that there are quite a few user definable fields built into the checkout already which can be added/edited in 'Design | Text | Checkout'.

Comment

I rejigged the V6 version and there's now a V5 set of patches. I've attached them here as they're a bit too big to put on the page. Let me know if they're useful.

Norman
        Attached Files
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

excellent

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
          I rejigged the V6 version and there's now a V5 set of patches. I've attached them here as they're a bit too big to put on the page. Let me know if they're useful.

Norman
          Many thanks for this patch, you have saved me a great deal of time. No question I would have still been stuck trying to get the script to parse correctly! I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Comment

More Input Fields - Debug Error

Hi Norman,

Are you able to help ??

Your extra fields solution is great and all works very well indeed.

I am having a problem with the checkout page where the fileds show up.

You click on one of the fields and enter info.

When you click on the next field I get an error :

"A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debog ?
            Line 37 Error : Object Expected"

Any Ideas ?

You can see and use the demo site at :

www.cheaperukholidays.co.uk

All the Cat Tags have 3 additional fields/prompts.

I have followed all your instructions as closely as possible.

Sorry to ask for your help, so long after the original posting/issue to this discussion forum.

Many Thanks for any ideas you have.

Cheers

Giles Keen

Comment

I get a more serious problem in IE6 when I try and view the basket or add to the cart. I get the following error:

CGI Error
              The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Can I suggest you go back to an original set of scripts (copy from the 'Original' folder into your 'Site1' folder) in order to get your site working, and then try re-applying the instructions.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Originally posted by cdicken
                I get a more serious problem in IE6 when I try and view the basket or add to the cart. I get the following error:

CGI Error
                The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Can I suggest you go back to an original set of scripts (copy from the 'Original' folder into your 'Site1' folder) in order to get your site working, and then try re-applying the instructions.
                Thanks Chris, I will give that a go.
                The site is existing as pettag.co.uk BUT the clients actinic is all screwed up, hence I am trying to "rebuild" their actinic site using actinic and get them back on track. At the moment a 3rd party web designer is just manually editing the pages for them !!

Thanks Chris

Giles Keen
                Montana Innovation Limited (Reseller)

Comment

Working...
                X