Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The old one seems better to navigate, there is less clicking and easy to use…and in my opinion, easier to read, I tent to think if you use too small a font you run the risk of making it difficult for customers to read, there are too many obstacles like style of font, colour etc, and you don’t want to add any distractions to your site. If you have to get rid of the navigation from the old site for a reason, then I don’t think the new one is the answer. Unless you click a link, you won’t know there is another section, when you click a link, you get another selection, and it’s untidy.

When people come to your site for the first time, you need to give them something visually instantly…like you would when driving and you spot a bill board, not too much small print there. Design the site for your customers and for their ease of use, professionalism won’t get you sales if you compromise on customer convenience (usability)…But then you must have a reason to change the first navigation menu, is there another way round it?

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        The left hand menu needs to be addressed as it covers the product info for the first product on each page
        Do you mean that when the menu has opened up, then it is covering the product info... would this matter too much if they are using the navigation menu, if they are using it then surely they have finished with that page and want to move on? I'm getting the feeling I've missed something?

Comment

Yep the new one.

Cleaner and more straightforward - though perhaps the text might be a little larger?

Edit - Noticed also that when you have selected the left menu it wraps up onto the same line as the preceding item. Is this meant to be so?
          http://www.johnsons-seeds.com - Actinic plugins, remote add to cart and custom CMS
          http://www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk - More seeds and plants....
          http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk - Well it used to be Actinic...

Comment

I preferred the look of the font size, etc on the first menu, but did not like the way it opened over the text. Also, I know a lot of people who just cannot cope with the mouse control necessary to select from these "opening" type menus. (Honest!)
            Anf
            New Year - new YOU!
            (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Working...
            X