firefox misses occasional pages when printing web pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox misses occasional pages when printing web pages

Nothing to do with Sellerdeck, and I've checked and re-checked the css on the pages, its definately NOT that

using the latest version of firefox (v17) - I use firefox because I can maintain the standard browser in our company.

I look at the screen, and all the pages are there, I can then print that long set of pages (10 of them with forced page breakes from css at the relevant point, and the document prints in its entirety,
    BUT and this is the big BUT, just occasionalyl, and I can't see why, in the middle of printing one document , one of the pages (ie p4) simple comes out blank, no info anywhere, no clue its going to do that, its just blank.

I've tried printing to a pdf, the same issue, tried different printer, same issue - its a firefox issue,
    I've done the same in ie9 and no probs at all.
    I eventually installed chrome and the same document printed without issue (including the apparant missing page from firefox printing) - on the essential printing monitors, I've had to force the users to use chrome to guarantee all the pages print.

I have firefox in most of my 50 computers, so not really interested to install chrome everywhere and teach users the new "look and feel of chrome"

the main problem is that these documents are lists of deliveries to be made by drivers at night, and they are printed at 01:00am when everyone is tired and grouchy, and the last thing I want to do, or expect the operators to do is to thumb through pages of order for each driver looking for a page or two "that hasn't printed", I just want a reliable printout exactly the same as they've just seen on the screen.

has anybody else come across this problem and found a solution.

hopeing someone can hel

kev
Working...
X