Vat For Retail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olderscot
    ...PS. You can change 'Invoice' on the printout to say 'Receipt' by changing the text within actinic.
    Quite right - Text ID794 in Actinic can be changed for that.

Comment

Invoice to Receipt

Hi - I cracked that one when I first built my first shop for a retailing client in version 5 as they hated the use of 'invoice'... but it wasn't obvious at first.

What I was getting at was that I can't understand why a products that seems to be aimed at retailing to consumers still ships with inappropiate wording like that which just confuses customers and necessitates more tinkering to fix...

But still, thanks for suggesting the tips. If I know anything, its that I don't know everything!

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalTouch View Post
        Can I just clarify - is there at the moment, any way at all of including tax/VAT in the cart prices rather than showing the net prices???
        (This thread was started quite a while ago and there may have been updates since then)
        Now on V10 - Is this possible? I can't see an obvious setting.
        Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

I believe that you either switch vat off so it doesn't show at all or you switch it on and it therefore shows, in fact i think law states that if you charge vat you need to show this in a breakdown.

Comment

I think you need to enter your prices inclusive of VAT. This way Actinic will display the VAT inclusive prices in the cart. A separate VAT summary is shown to comply with VAT requirements.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Just had an enquiry about this, quite spooky timing in fact, Mike's right, dependent on what you have selected on how you input prices, the display is changed accordingly. My client wants sub-total, then vat, then total - this looks possible but it does mean mix and matching between the 2 displays, you need to take control yourself and not let the actinic switches choose, there is an area in the layout where 2 bits of code have a blockif activating each one dependent on the price setting. Need to strip those blockifs and select the parts you want manually by the looks of it.

Comment

This is the code:

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxInclusiveMode%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <actinic:variable name="CartTableRow" value="Exempted Tax 1 Row In Cart" />
                <actinic:variable name="CartTableRow" value="Exempted Tax 2 Row In Cart" />
                </actinic:block>
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxInclusiveMode%22%20%2f%3e%3d%3dFALSE" >
                <actinic:variable name="CartTableRow" value="Tax 1 Row In Cart" />
                <actinic:variable name="CartTableRow" value="Tax 2 Row In Cart" />
                <actinic:variable name="CartTableRow" value="Total Row In Cart" />
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxInclusiveMode%22%20%2f%3e" >
                <actinic:variable name="CartTableRow" value="Including Tax 1 Row In Cart" />
                <actinic:variable name="CartTableRow" value="Including Tax 2 Row In Cart" />

Comment

Can I raise the old chestnut of "zero rated vat items"
                  many of our things are VAT - zero rated (wheelchairs etc) , but we still cannot have that snowballing into the invoice.
                  if we are looking at VAT, then consider looking at the whole of the vat issues including some of the entries being zero-rated

Its been raised many times on the forum, and each time "not possible"

kev

Comment

Kev, Can you explain a bit more? I can't think why zero rated items don't work.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I'm intrigued too.

Comment

Thanks Lee and Mike for the information on how to set Business Settings.

I import prices from Sage and so I don't think I can enter prices Inclusive of VAT.

I'll take a look at the code that you suggested Lee.
                        Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

Working...
                        X