Placing a product in several Product Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing a product in several Product Groups

My wish would be to be able to place a product in more than one Product Group so as a product could be covered by more than one over eg. Buy 3 and get one free, plus spend over £100 and get a free gift.

Cheers Hayley

I've passed this suggestion onto the team.

Comment

One product in several product groups

I am using version 8, and we sell children's CDs, DVD, games and song downloads.

I have several specific product groups set up, but would like to include an overall offer of a free gift with every physical purchase. Because I do not want to include digital download sales with this offer, I would like to set up another product group which includes all physical products, including those already covered by other groups.

Is this possible ?

Comment

I'll certainly second this. So frustrating not to be able to do different combinations of offers on the same product.
        Rob
        For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

Comment

Please, please, please can we have this !!!!
          www.quantumAV.co.uk
          Home Cinema Receivers and Speakers for Audio Visual Entertainment
          Authorised Dealers for Yamaha/ Monitor Audio/ Kef/ Onkyo/ Marantz/ Denon/ and more..

Comment

I have just been trying to put products into more than one group, and thought I was doing something wrong - I can't believe this is not possible! Any idea when / if this feature will be available?

Thanks,

Rosalyn
            www.guidepost.uk.com

Comment

Long standing problem, probably a long standing solution too. Workaround is to create copies of products, not great I know, but it works in the longterm.

Comment

Is this ever going to be a possibility as it would open up so much more flexibility for discounting?
                www.quantumAV.co.uk
                Authorised Dealers for Yamaha/ Monitor Audio/ Kef/ Onkyo/ Marantz/ Denon/ and more..

Comment

We're aware there is an appetite for this. However it would require a significant re-architecting of the discounting. Handling the situation where a product qualifies for more than one discount adds a significant level of complexity to something which is programmatically quite complicated already. This was a significant reason for not doing it in the first place.

So unfortunately this is unlikely to appear in the next couple of versions at least.
                  Bruce Townsend
                  Ecommerce Product Manager
                  Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

That's a big shame as the discounting options, for me at least, is an area lacking in Actinic. In today's market you need so much more flexibility.
                    www.quantumAV.co.uk

Comment

I would second that and am also a little surprised - if there is significant customer and market place appetite for this - surely this should be something to be incorporated sooner rather than later.
                      Rob
                      For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

Comment

This is a MUST for a distributor which offers different discounts for the same Product Group to different Customer Groups which have significantly different spends with my customer.
                        Ian Henley

Comment

Remember that you can already give totally different pricing to different groups of customers, as well as the discounting capability in the marketing area which is being discussed here.

See Marketing | Customer groups.

Once the groups are created, you can assign each customer account to any group you want.

A product can then have a different price for each group.

It's all explained under the "Customer Groups" topic in the help.

Chris

Comment

Thanks, Chris.
                            But what you cannot have (I think) is either a Customer linked to many Customer Groups nor a Product linked to many Product Groups.

What we need is...
                            Product X is part of Prod Group 1
                            Product X has different % Discounts applied dependent upon Customer Group.

I think either of those would crack this one.

Ian
                            Ian Henley

Comment

What we need is...
                              Product X is part of Prod Group 1
                              Product X has different % Discounts applied dependent upon Customer Group.
                              IIUC, you can do that.

You can allocate a product to a Product Group and apply a discount.

You can can also create a Customer Group and set a discount for that group.

If a customer from the Customer Group orders a product from the Product Group, then the Product Group discount will be applied to their customer price.

Is that what you want?

If it's not, you can override the Customer Group price for any product by unticking 'Generated' in the Prices tab of the Product Details and entering a price manually.
                              Bruce Townsend
                              Ecommerce Product Manager
                              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X