EPOS Required Updates - New Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPOS Required Updates - New Version

Not so much wish list as necessary requirements for EPOS in the near or immediate future. I have actually stopped using this due to the incompatibility of this product with e-commerce.

1. Product names and section names need to be able to be the same length in both pieces of software. At present the e-commerce platform can have something like 125 characters for the product descriptions, but EPOS can only have 50 or something crazy like that, so when you import them into EPOS it kindly truncates then for you, meaning you have to rename all the products - Field name lengths are not mentioned in any literature for either software

2. EPOS can only go 4 section level deep. E-commerce can go as many as you want. Guess what happens when you have created a website and then decide to import into EPOS. It doesn't like it, and kindly decides not to import the extra sections

3. Search tables and viewable windows in EPOS are not resizable, meaning often information presented is unreadable. If you search for a product within EPOS and the products returned are a similar name ie Aluminium Safety Ladder 8ft in Brown, and also Aluminium Safety Ladder 6ft in Blue, then you will be presented with Aluminium Safety Ladde and will have to guess which line is which.

4. Customer accounts in EPOS are not related to Customer accoutns online. If a customer orders online and comes instore to pay, you cannot locate the order and then take payment. This is crazy.

There are tons more, but I am fed up of typing.

Basically, the EPOS software needs ditching and redesigning to work with Actinic V11 from scratch. It is a bought in piece of software that has been 'made to fit' as best as it can, and doesnt.It has not been updated in the 2 years I have owned it, and desperately need it
Working...
X