Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-user go slow

Hi guys,

Have been running multi-user for over a year now, mostly on 9.0.3, we upgraded to 9.0.5 in December with no major problems.

As we have a thread upload issue, which crashes Actinic, we upload from 9.0.2, where we do all the development in. I had to update the products in the 9.0.5 for the sale side. So took a 9.0.2 snapshot, upgraded it to 9.0.5, all fine and then did an import snapshot to main user.

All working, however, all slave users are very slow, 2 minutes to process a command, it has become a real issue to the point that the additional users are not really useable.

I have looked through performance related threads, even check the primary keys (few were missing!!). Any suggestions would be appreciation thanks Mash
    Mash

Our setup has good and bad days with no reason, one of eight sites takes about 5-10 mins to download about 10 orders whilst the other sites take about 1 min, the next day the slow one goes normal speed.

Time to change sites also varies each day

Sync server is on the server and runs permanatly so all main things appear normal
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Have you upgraded all of the sites to 9.0.5 now or are some still at 9.0.2?

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Mine are all 9.0.5 Jan
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Having re-read mashes thread, 1 is 9.0.2 and is used for upload only and the others are 9.0.5.
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

That is right, we have to use 9.0.2 to upload as 9.0.5 just crashes. The downloading and orders are carried out on 3 users in 9.0.5 (we went from 9.0.3 to 9.0.5), sync and the database is on the server.

Was fine last week.

Now hardly usable, download is fine, just additional users, very slow.

I am preparing a new snapshot to update the products again so I am hoping that it will sort it.

M
            Mash

Comment

Mash, it's worth contacting Paul in support, as he is the person co-ordinating problems on performance.

Apologies on the other issues, including the upload crash. This got introduced as a result of the huge overhaul in 9.0.3 to speed up upload. We have been doing a lot of further work in this area, so there will be some fixes in due course.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris, this speed issue is currently on a ticket under Neil in Support, still very slow, order processing only, on average taking 2 minutes to open an order, well 2 minutes to do anything.

They have asked for specs of machines they are running on but all fine over December / beginning January so I would have thought that would be a red herring.

Speed is driving the sales team mad.

We also had a MOTO component price generation issue (support and developer should know about that, works on the webiste but not on the MOTO form!) and also scrolling orders, scroll down to the bottom and it says you have scrolled too far and then crashes (9.0.5), bit of an odd one there, does not happen with me but one of the additional users.

Would be great to get back to normal speed, fingers cross Neil comes up with something.

Thanks again M
                Mash

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
                  Mash, it's worth contacting Paul in support, as he is the person co-ordinating problems on performance.

Apologies on the other issues, including the upload crash. This got introduced as a result of the huge overhaul in 9.0.3 to speed up upload. We have been doing a lot of further work in this area, so there will be some fixes in due course.

Chris
                  Does that mean there will be a V9.0.6 Chris or straight to V10
                  Chris Ashdown

Comment

we have had to give up on multi user this last week
                    raised a support request but still not resolved, our second user license is worthless.

problem we had

master machine running actinic on xp pro
                    2nd ueser machine on windows 7

2nd user machine couldnt edit products and sub sections due to some bugs

so we installed master actinic on a new windows 7 machine so everything is on windows 7

now the site wont even open

spent several hours with support all to no avail.

Have had to reinstall on xp pro and run actinic on one machine

so now business multi user is single user, not impressed with this at all

Glad I moved one of our sites to another platform as I cant be putting up with this for ever
                    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
                      Does that mean there will be a V9.0.6 Chris or straight to V10
                      We hope to do a v9.0.6 after v10 is out.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
                        we have had to give up on multi user this last week
                        raised a support request but still not resolved, our second user license is worthless.

problem we had

master machine running actinic on xp pro
                        2nd ueser machine on windows 7

2nd user machine couldnt edit products and sub sections due to some bugs

so we installed master actinic on a new windows 7 machine so everything is on windows 7

now the site wont even open

spent several hours with support all to no avail.

Have had to reinstall on xp pro and run actinic on one machine

so now business multi user is single user, not impressed with this at all

Glad I moved one of our sites to another platform as I cant be putting up with this for ever
                        two weeks later still no multi user or info from actinic ?
                        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

I have also radio silence, emailed support two days ago but no news. I am hoping to do a test, rolling the database back to before the snapshot to see if there is a difference in speed, if so why.

Fingers crossed. M
                          Mash

Comment

Mash, Wesley - sorry to hear you haven't heard back. We're looking into the issues and I've asked for you both to be updated today.
                            Ben Popplestone
                            Ecommerce website software

Comment

thanks Ben
                              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
                              X