Overriding total

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overriding total

Is there the facility to override the sale total. i.e. customer has budget of £100, we scan all items in and it comes to £112.76 can we override this total and change it to £100. In the past we set a product up as Managers Special with a price of £0.00 which we can override, but we lose the stock management facility.
    Any help appreciated.

Yes, select "discount all items in sale" you can apply a % discount to the total of the scanned items.

We use it for staff discounts.....

Comment

Doesn't necessarily work as any promotions are excluded from the % discount, and I invariably end up doing this 3-4 times before we get close. Many thanks for your help though.

Comment

Complete the sale as scanned, then do a refund for the extra bit?

Create an account?

Charge the proper price?

We always over spend each week at Tescos but they make us pay up

Comment

If only. The firework industry is definately one of a kind. never known a retail market like it.

Comment

Overriding total

Hi,

I saw this thread is a few years old and wondered if you ever found a work around for this? It is something my manager is also very keen to do.

Thanks
            Claire

Comment

As far as I know its still not possible, but is definatly one id love to see added to the wish list! We often need to round down order totals to the nearist €5/€10. Another one would be the ability to change the overall total for an individual product, I know you can apply a disount or change the unit price but when you deal with small calculations, 144 at 12c each, its starts to get very complicated to calculate especially when the customer is standing in front of you waiting for their receipt.

Comment

We ended up setting a product code of "Discount" with a retail value of £0.00and assigning it a tab on the front. We then go Menu/Refund the next item, click "Discount" and the value.
                We just have to remember to go to the payment section first, to make sure that no other discounts are applicable, it's a shame that you only see these once you go to payment.
                Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X