Piccolink and Stock-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piccolink and Stock-In

I have recently purchased a Network upgrade to my Epos Solo on the basis that I could book stock-in using a Piccolink.

When I use the piccolink to scan and book stock in, the only fields displaying any data when I scan an item are the code and retail price, the Barcode, Cost and Packsize fields are empty or at zero. This happens despite the user manual saying "If you have purchased a ‘PiccoLink’ scanner you can remotely scan the items into the ‘Stock In’ form. Simply scan the barcode of the item and the Piccolink screen will display the current details of this item, if these have not changed then enter the quantity delivered. You may change the Pack Cost or PackQnty on the Piccolink as you scan the Stock In"

Can anyone else with a Piccolink confirm whether they get the same behaviour and if the item cost, Packqty and other information is displayed, not having the current cost information renders the use of the piccolink pretty useless in my opinion, the till screen certainly fills out the appropriate fields.

Although Andy in Tech support has tried to help me it seems he has no access to a Piccolink himself and little if any help from development. I am actually starting to wonder if there is any development effort on this product as I am sure a competent software engineer could soon resolve this issue.

Just as an aside I also connected a serial port analyser to the COM port to see if EPOS was sending the data but that the piccolink was not receiving it for some reason, however the barcode, cost and PackQty fields are blank so I am pretty sure that EPOS is not sending any data for those fields when an item is scanned.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Working...
X