Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing on Geller TS600

Hi all,

We've inherited a Geller TS600 system and we thought we'd try to install Actinic EPOS on it. To see if it worked, we downloaded a trial version from Actinic's site. However, the install has not gone smoothly. No surprises there, then.

First, this till is running Windows XP SP3 Embedded. There's plenty of disk space. No Office version is running, i.e. M$ Access is not installed.

The specific problem is around the M$ Access 2002 runtime. When it tries to install, it complains about some service pack (SP3) for Access 2002 Runtime not being available. The error message is the usual inscrutable gobbledgook whcih might help a programmer doing a debug but is completely useless to me.

The error header says "Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) for Access 2002 Runtime" and the message is "The expected version of the product was not found on your system". And an OK button. Well, it's not okay, it's screwed.

I downloaded the service pack in question from M$, but it won't install without the runtime being in place, which makes sense, I guess. So I tried installing again. Same error. It's like the idiot programmers at Actinic left something out of the install.

Has anybody had a similar problem, and how did they resolve it, please?
Working...
X