Ticket Printing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticket Printing Problem

We have discovered a problem and have no idea how long it has been an issue.

Some of our products are not displaying the "price" on the ticket, neither in print preview or when the tickets are printed. It does seem to be stuff that has been added since the last upgrade.

With the impending VAT rise and complete reprint of all shelf tickets to do we need to get this function working again!
    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Hi mje,

Can you tell us which lable you are printing, for example Shelf Edge/Shelf Edge Small?

Also, do your barcodes (if you use them) have only numbers in them or do some/all have numbers and letters?

Comment

Thanks for prompt reply.

The problem exists with every label size option in 'ticket printing'

If I take one of our "older" products that has a working ticket, and change the price, it will print (and show in print preview) as you would expect - so no problem there.

It seems that something has "happened / been switched on or off" at some point and any new product added since then shows all details on the ticket except the price!

All the barcodes are numbers only.

Comment

Hi mje,

This is different from what I have seen before. My problem was that any barcode with characters in it suddenly stopped printing, like yours it came up blank in View and when printed. It had worked fine for the previous 6 months since we installed Actinic EPOS V3.10.

The answer you usually seem to get for wierd problems that no one else has seen, or can replicate, is to do a full backup and re-install the software.

In our case, after re-installing the software, the above problem cleared up, much to my surprise, but the original problem as stated in the thread below has not cleared up.

Please see the last reply in the following thread for instructions on doing a full backup. Do not re-install without doing a full backup first.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=48200

Comment

After work this evening we tried full back up and re-install.

Regrettably this has not fixed our problem

Comment

With v3.11 we've lost the ability to print barcodes!

Originally posted by Motoscope View Post
            Hi mje,

This is different from what I have seen before. My problem was that any barcode with characters in it suddenly stopped printing, like yours it came up blank in View and when printed. It had worked fine for the previous 6 months since we installed Actinic EPOS V3.10.

The answer you usually seem to get for wierd problems that no one else has seen, or can replicate, is to do a full backup and re-install the software.

In our case, after re-installing the software, the above problem cleared up, much to my surprise, but the original problem as stated in the thread below has not cleared up.

Please see the last reply in the following thread for instructions on doing a full backup. Do not re-install without doing a full backup first.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=48200
            We have just upgraded from 3.10 to 3.11 and regretably found that we have lost the ability to print barcodes of any format on any size label!

With 3.10 we printed copious labels very successfully on our laser printer and have got used to using this facility in our shop with over 5000 products.

We'll try a full reinstall and hope that the problem disappears but it is issues of this type that have made us very cautious about updating our Actinic software as soon as updates are released.

Nick

Comment

Epos support are looking into this for us as it transpires the problem maybe unique to us

Comment

Hi Mje,

Thanks for your input, however the reinstall has worked for me. This time, I also re-booted my PC, and now barcodes are printing again. I'm not sure if it was the reboot or reinstall that fixed the problem, but it is now fixed!

Good luck with sorting your issue out.

Kind regards
                Nick

Comment

Working...
                X