Clear All

Not yet Duncan!
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

If the issue recurs on the client machine, are there any Windows log files or settings that would be useful to support?
      If so please can you tell me what and where they might be?
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

There may be a race condition when loading various caches.

Jonathan, can you and your customer test loading the snapshot with the following conditions:
        1. close the page preview
        2. select any brochure page
        3. close and reopen EC
        4. import the site snapshot
        5. close EC after snapshot import
        6. reopen EC and wait till the progress bar gets closed
        7. now go to section dialogs and check 'search property' values
        Hugh Gibson
        CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

EC? Being dense, sorry.

The client now has a successfully working version after he did a clean reinstall of Sellerdeck with Antivirus switched off then imported the snapshot.
          Jonathan Chappell
          Website Designer

Comment

Ha, yes. My thought as well when I read it.

I assumed he meant ECommerce meaning Actinic/Sellerdeck itself.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike!
              Jonathan Chappell
              Website Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Gibson View Post
                Ian's raised an internal support ticket - ref SUP-3091 / Has anyone else seen a problem like this?
                Hi Hugh, I am also seeing this problem with SellerDeck replacing variables set under "Where properties have value". I just went through a number of sections and set make filtering the default view and entered all the correct properties. When I went back to through the sections again I noticed that several had changed to a different value. The ones which were changed were all set to the same value but it was wrong and not the one I had set. I changed it a second time. Were you able to replicate this? Was a bug raised for this one?.

EDIT: Update: About an hour later, I closed that site, went into another site, went back to the site, on 3 sections the setting had changed itself again to the wrong variable.
                Last edited by peblaco; 25-Sep-2013, 08:27 PM. Reason: Further issue
                Peblaco

Comment

Louise, our internal bug report is SD-2639 - "Possible race condition in filter loading which changes filter options"

I've been looking into it this morning.

When closing SellerDeck, importing a snapshot or changing site, make sure that you have a brochure page selected and preview turned off. That's the only reliable way to prevent search properties being loaded at startup or site change.

Can you try that please and see if that prevents the filter values resetting.

You said:

When I went back to through the sections again
                  Was that after changing site? Or closing and re-opening the application? If not, can you recall anything that may have affected it?
                  Hugh Gibson
                  CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

When closing SellerDeck, importing a snapshot or changing site, make sure that you have a brochure page selected and preview turned off. That's the only reliable way to prevent search properties being loaded at startup or site change.
                    On opening the site this morning I see that on two sections variables had been changed again. I just tried as you said and selected a brochure page turned off the preview then switched sites. Went back to the original site, they seem okay at the moment.

However the problem is that if I advise a client to use that fix they are not likely to remember to do that every time they edit the site. It is concerning because if the setting becomes changed to the wrong variable then a product range will be lost from view.

Was that after changing site? Or closing and re-opening the application? If not, can you recall anything that may have affected it?
                    It may have been immediately after I had set it. Or could have been after changing site. But I don't think I did anything to affect it.
                    Peblaco

Comment

Do we have any news regarding a fix for this as we are getting the same thing. I presumed it was just my age playing tricks with my mind before reading this thread
                      Unusual Silver Jewellery
                      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
                      Crystal Healing Jewellery
                      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

See the knowledge base article with temporary fix: Filtering settings: “Where Properties Have Value” keep changing.
                        Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for the links Louise. I have read them both but with 4 separate sites that we keep changing between we don't always remember to turn the page preview off before switching.
                          Unusual Silver Jewellery
                          Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
                          Crystal Healing Jewellery
                          Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                          X