Editing Customer Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Customer Emails

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had successfully 'vamped up' their customer emails in v12.0.2NGVA?

I have edited the HTML Email Layout, which is working perfectly but the Inner layout which it had been using (INNERLAYOUT) I couldn't seem to find anywhere to edit, so instead I put in the design 'OrderReceivedInnerLayout'...

Within this inner layout, I simply used the code that the CustomerHTMLInnerLayout and BuyerHTMLInnerLayouts were using and simply edited the text slightly to provide customers with the message we want to give...

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsEmailCustomerReceiptEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20True" >
    <p>Dear <actinic:variable name="CustomerNameOnlineXML"/>,
    <p>
    <p>Thank you for shopping at <actinic:variable name="CompanyName"/>. We have received and are processing your order.<br/><br/>
    You will shortly receive an email to say the order is being processed. This email will contain your unique 'BGH' order number. Please use this number if you need to contact us for any reason, it will help us find your details quickly.
    <p>Your order details can be seen below:
    <p>
    <p>Order Date: <actinic:variable name="OrderDateOnlineXML"/>
    <p>
    <p>Your Delivery Details:<br/>
    <actinic:variable name="ShipSalutationOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipNameOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipNameSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipTitleOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipTitleSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipCompanyOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipCompanySepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipAddress1OnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipAddress1SepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipAddress2OnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipAddress2SepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipAddress3OnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipAddress3SepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipAddress4OnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipAddress4SepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipPostCodeOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipPostCodeSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipCountryOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipCountrySepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipPhoneOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipPhoneSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipFaxOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipFaxSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipEmailOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipEmailSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipUserDefinedOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="ShipUserDefinedSepOnlineXML"/>
    <actinic:variable name="BillLabelOnlineXML"/>
    <actinic:variable name="BillSalutationOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillNameOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillNameSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillTitleOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillTitleSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillCompanyOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillCompanySepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillAddress1OnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillAddress1SepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillAddress2OnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillAddress2SepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillAddress3OnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillAddress3SepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillAddress4OnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillAddress4SepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillPostCodeOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillPostCodeSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillCountryOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillCountrySepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillPhoneOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillPhoneSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillFaxOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillFaxSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillEmailOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillEmailSepOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillUserDefinedOnlineXML"/><actinic:variable name="BillUserDefinedSepOnlineXML"/>
    <actinic:variable name="CartOnlineXML" />
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>Kind Regards,
    <p><actinic:variable name="CompanyName"/>
    <p>
    <p><actinic:variable name="ExtraFooterOnlineXML"/>
    </actinic:block>

My problem is, that using this everything works fine APART from the 'CartOnlineXML' variable which does not show up in my email...(so customers can't see what they have ordered, just when they ordered and their shipping details)

My other problem (and the reason I didn't want to use the 'INNERLAYOUT' design) is that when the "CartOnlineXML" was showing up (previously using the standard HTML design and INNERLAYOUT) it was not displaying very well...it showed in a table and inserted the content shown below with this annoying 'NETQUOTE...etc.' within the table...

DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
    Wooden Tree Swing 1
    £29.00 £29.00
    Subtotal £29.00
    Delivery £4.95

Exempted NETQUOTEVAR:TAX1CAPTION NETQUOTEVAR:TAX1
    Total £33.95

I therefore have two issues (I think) 1. how to edit the CartOnlineXML variable and where to find the 'INNERLAYOUT' within an email to edit the text (as my new inner layout does not show the cart at all, wrong or otherwise!)

If anyone has any suggestions I would be so grateful!! I have found a thread about the CartOnlineXML from version 9, but did not want to use this info in case it has chnaged sincxe then? Our version 11 site used plain text emails, and it appears v11 did not have outer and inner layouts so using our old site template for emails was not an option...

Thanks!
Working...
X