Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD2013 / Sage Link SDO's

Not 100% certain if this is the right place for this, but;

I've got SD 2013 (12.0.5), Sage Link & Sage Accounts (current version, 21.0.3.297) installed on the same machine & can't get the SDO Engine registered when trying to create a profile.

I notice in the Sage configuration text file the following line "SDO=SDOEngine.21", but that the Sage Link SDO engines are only listed up to version 20 in it's installer.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here, or do I require a newer SDO engine than Link currently has?

Any advice appreciated, Thanks.

UPDATE;

As suspected Link doesn't yet support Sage 50 V21.

I though not too big a deal as I can install Sage 2014 & use that until SDO 21 is available, Sage advised removing V21 before installing 2014, so I did.......

Sage 2014 will currently not operate on a system that had V21 previously installed & removed, even if it's been manually fully removed, Sage refusing to start & generating Windows "Side by side configuration" errors. After much messing about, uninstalling, installing & reconfiguring Sage, the .Net framework & C++ nothing cured the problem.

Sage are currently working on a fix, but as a temporary workaround installing Sage V21 alongside 2014 (standalone in a custom directory) has cured the issue.

Long & short is if you purchase Sage 50 to use with Link, don't install the supplied disk or the current download, just go straight to the support download section, get 2014 & install that - it will save an inordinate amount of time & frustration.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier
Working...
X