Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different fragment layout to product layout on same page

Hi all,

I thought I was getting better at this, but clearly not.

Im trying to have a fragment layout which is different to the product layout all on the same page. I have tried this several ways and ive even tried to copy a fragment list layout code to a fragment layout code but SD says "recursive code, cannot do this".

This is not urgent, I have tons to do elsewhere on the site but ive stopped trying to fix this issue in case someone tells me that its actually impossible.

I need the top fragment layout of this page http://www.stageprint.co.uk/acatalog/Portfolio.html

At the top of this page:
    http://www.stageprint.co.uk/acatalog...inting-a4.html

I call it the triple fragment thingy.

At least im reasonably happy with my site, and that's a rare thing indeed
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

You can create a custom product list in the Design Library under Product Lists find Tabular Product List and copy it. Then open and click on "Click here to edit list layout settings". You would have to change <table> to <table width="100%"> and "Edit Rows and Columns" change No of items to 3, then copy codes from Middle row into First row. Then change Middle Rows No of items to 1 and change First Item / Before to <td class="product-details" colspan="3"> then OK. In the Content Tree select the Product List layout and it should put 3 fragments in 3 columns and subsequent items in 1 column. The code refers to SellerDeck 2013, it cannot be applied to SellerDeck 2014 responsive theme product list which has different code.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thank you so much Louise,

I was almost doing exactly the same thing you suggested but you have pointed out a couple of things I would never have worked out.

Unfortunately, after doing this the section gets completely messed up. I have no doubt your solution is spot on but I think there is a problem here as the way my site is set up, im trying to copy a 'fragment list layout' to a 'fragment layout'. Also, I have sections within sections, I have no sub sections.

To make matters worse im about to try SD 14 demo, and im considering an upgrade to SD 14 Business plus, and an upgrade of my SD hosting. I have been talking to SD and they have been very informative and helpful with my future plans.

I will try your detailed solution again, it should obviously work , but I know that the software does not approve of the way my content tree is arranged.

Probably best not to try helping me further with this at the moment as I may bite the bullet and redesign for sd14 responsive design. And that will probably require changing everything entirely.
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Hello

Im attaching a screen grab of my content tree, in case you say "blimey that's not right".

I always do site snapshots before anything so all is ok. Maybe I have not quite followed your instructions 100% but I thought I had.

There is a major ongoing problem with my site, sometimes if I just touch a product description with my mouse it disappears completely and I have to re-import a snapshot.

Tomorrow I will start again with your solution and try it again, thank you so much you are very kind with your help here.
        Attached Files
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X