Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Responsive Product Image not resizing

Hi,

I have uploaded a un-edited version of the smart responsive theme, but included my own product image place of the default 'Multi Pearl Bracelet' item.
    My product image is 325px wide 179px high.
    On smaller screens the product image is cropped.

Please see attached. (Iphone 5 layout)
    Images not responsive on Apple Iphone?

I was expecting it to be shrunk to fit the screen, as it surely should do.
    Does anyone know why it isnt?
    Attached Files
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

I realise there are a couple of threads on here about images sizes in the responsive theme, but they are about upgrades or image size at full screen size.

This is about product images on a new Smart Responsive Theme.. Product images do not seem to be responsive? Even relatively small product images are being cropped on mobile screens. Surely this isnt right?

I've just looked in the Sellerdeck14 showcase sites, and I can see that some sites DO have responsive product images, and some sites DO NOT.

Is there something that needs to be enabled that I cant find?
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

An URL would help.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your interest.

I am in the process of rebuilding...This is a test site;
        LINK REMOVED (just check any default site)

However, the images do not seem responsive on an entirely default version of Smart Responsive Theme either.
        See attached Image.. This is the default store previewed in firefox and screensize shrunk. The product image is not responsive.
        Attached Files
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Neither Product Images or Section Images are Responsive in the Smart Responsive Theme!
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I can confirm that product images are NOT responsive in the out of the box Smart Responsive Theme

To make them responsive you must edit Responsive CSS
            around line 653

you must change max-width to 100%
            .product-image > img, .std-product-details img {
            min-width:1px;
            width:auto !important;
            max-width:100%;
            height:auto;
            margin-right:1em;
            }
            I'm shocked that this fundamental part of responsive design isnt enabled by default.

Section images are still not responsive in FireFox, (but they are in Chrome)
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I don't like using section pages as a product page, which I think is what you have done.

If you use the section page just as a list of thumbnails, then going to the SPP then this would be better.

The fact that your thumbnails would be smaller wouldn't cause the issue.

This is a design I'm playing about with at the moment if you want to see if you still have the issue.

http://www.jewellery-workshop.co.uk/...ings-2-p1.html (only this section page is working at the moment so don't stray too far into the site)

I will remove the url later to stop it being spidered.
              Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
              Zirconium Rings
              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

>>>I don't like using section pages as a product page, which I think is what you have done.
                I am using the default shop and items that ship with Sellerdeck. I havent actually added any products.. just changed the images. The top level 'online catalog' page of the default shop has both products and sections.. maybe thats what you are referring to?

Thanks for linking to your page.. When I actually upload my shop I will use something similar, but I just wanted it all working before I did that.
                Just so you can see what I mean if you shrink your page the ring images and the section images dont shrink (it doesnt matter much to your store as your images are small width)

I have managed to make Product images responsive..(using the fix above) (shrink my page to see the images shrinking.. but the section link images are still not responsive in Firefox.. (but they are in Chrome!)
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

If these images are set to be links, then that could be what is breaking it - I had the same issue. The fix below worked for me:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?p=347511

Comment

Working...
                  X