MS Edge Browser Compatability Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Edge Browser Compatability Issues

I have been testing our website on Microsoft's new Edge browser (part of Windows 10).

Most things appear ok. However there seems to be a corruption on menu items. I think it is those using the:

class="link_menu"

such as the top level menu items and the checkout and basket buttons.

What seems to happen is that when moving between pages the background of some (not all) the CSS buttons goes from green to white. This gives a white on white button and hence makes it look like the link has gone. If you hover on the link the highlighting shows it is actually still there.

I have found it on both SD 2013 http://www.SecretGardenQuilting.co.uk and 2014.

Replacing the class="link_menu" with an explicit size and font colour and with the default link behaviour seems to fix the problem but is less appealing behaviour.

Any ideas to correct it would be appreciated so I can keep the intended link highlighting?

Has anyone else found MS Edge issues? Some customers have mentioned that images are blank until you hover over them?

Many thanks

Tony
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

You also posted here, duplicate posts can make it confusing. Version 2014 does not apply a fix as you have an upgraded design. SellerDeck 2014 does not have link_menu.
    Peblaco

Comment

Hi. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Sorry it has taken some time to respond. I have been trying to find away around the problem or a solution over the last week or so (in between running the business). I am struggling a bit with it as I cant get the similar background behaviour with any images or the standard a link type. It is odd that the problem is only with link_menu and not any of the other link types in the css. I cant really see any differences.

Do you know what link_menu was replaced with in 2014? I guess I could just switch the code.

Many thanks

Tony
      Tony
      www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X