Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Message change from Exclusive to Inclusive

Hi ,
    Very new to this software ,using Catalog version 10.0.2 .
    Prices are entered “Inclusive of VAT”.
    Have tried RTFM. Please help
    When I add a Product I can set how the price is displayed in Product Details /Layout were I can select “Standard Tax Inclusive and Exclusive Price” “Inclusive” or “Exclusive” only etcetera .No problems.
    But when I try to set a Inclusive price format for a associated Option by going in Permutations then Selecting a Choice, and then In the “Permutation Properties” box there are only options to format the price with a “Tax Message” , for example “Basic price with Tax Message” and the Tax Message is always “Excluding VAT”.
    How can I change the message to Including VAT ? Or have the inclusive/exclusive options in the Permutations Properties?
    Where am I missing the obvious?
    Thanks

Welcome, Geoff.

This is an Actinic limitation.

There are posts on the forum that help fix this. The "search" capability is very useful and is mentioned 4 times at the top of every Forum page.

I searched for "permutation tax inclusive" and quickly found many posts including http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45389

Note that the above uses a hard-coded tax rate so you may want to hold off a few days if you're in the UK and use 1.2 instead of 1.175.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.
      I did try some searches. I'm a bit disappointed, I'm a very green user.I'm trying to help out a small local firm The guy who was doing the setup of their site has been taken seriously ill and is not going to be able to finish the job. I've only used this software for 3 days and I'm reluctant to go in and start tweaking. From the post you mentioned.
      "Prices displayed against choices will always show in the format that they were entered into the permutation grid (e.g. if you enter the prices exclusive of tax then the prices will be shown exclusive of tax and if you enter them in inclusive of tax then they will be shown inclusively). However, if you enter the prices exclusive of tax and want to display them on the website inclusive of tax, "
      How do you enter prices Inclusive or exclusive? apart from the global setting?
      If I remove the product and reenter it the prices should be consistent?

Geoff

Comment

Are you sure that you are actually entering prices "Inclusive of Tax"? Your first post says you are, but now you're asking how.

This is done via Settings / Busines Settings / Tax / Product Prices Entered.

I've done a quick test here and if set to "Inclusive of Tax", then the prices display inclusive in the Permutation Choices. Exactly as the first sentence in the bit you quote above.

Note that switching from Exclusive to Inclusive will (or vice-versa) mean that you will probably need to re-enter all your prices as Actinic doesn't convert existing product prices.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Note that switching from Exclusive to Inclusive will (or vice-versa) mean that you will probably need to re-enter all your prices as Actinic doesn't convert existing product prices.
          I think you have hit upon my problem .I have now found out that the site was switched from exclusive to inclusive before my arrival on the scene. Experimenting with a dummy site proves it. Me in my blissful ignorance assumed the "Tax Message" was dynamic could changed by setting a global flag of some sort.
          I have noticed one or two other things that do not seem to change when reconfigured. It seems safer /to delete and re insert products rather than reconfigure them.
          Thanks for the help.

Comment

A prompt reply from support.
            "I have located the bug report for this issue. I have noted on the bug that we have seen the bug, as well as a number of other customers. This will therefore ensure that this bug will be looking into for a future version of Actinic. The problem was just related to the wording in the code only.
            Ticket reference: 250606

Description: “Basic Price with Tax message” Layout only showing Excluding VAT.

Solution: change the wording in the “Basic Price with Tax message” layout.

Bug (ref. AC9-1376)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This query has been caused by a bug. Although the query is closed, the bug will be reviewed for fixing in a future release. Please check the release notes for future releases at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm."

Comment

Working...
            X