Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Html 5 Validation

Hi folks

Can anyone advise me if I'm going the wrong way using, or trying to use, Html5 validation?

Im using Actinic 11 so would I be better off sticking to Html 4.01 Transitional?

I have 2 sites, one using html5 and the other using Html4 trans. They both dont validate, of course, I dont expect them to validate perfectly due to Avtinic tags. But they both have serious errors in that the </head> is flagged as an error in both (saying the head tag is already closed when it isnt)

They both also flag as having a 2nd <body> tag where there i only one. I think this is due to the Preload image script on both sites.

Validation of the Html5 site stops after the <body> error saying it cant continue after such an error

My question though is, before i spend lots of time trying to reduce the number of errors is which Doctype should i use? I have read lots of existing posts on this site about validation but cant find anything about Html5

If anyone could shed any light on this that would be fantastic and possibly save me a lot of time and hair pulling

thanks guys

barry

You may wish to stick to the default for the software. MetaTags should be before BaseHref and validation errors can be caused by Actinic / SellerDeck proprietary tags.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thank you for such a helpful reply Peblaco, thats a great help and will probably go a long way to sorting this out.

Ill move the Basehref right now and see if that gets me past the nasty </head> error/ problem.

Thanks again and all the best to you

Comment

Working...
      X